Well the reason has been given.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
What we all knew has finally been confirmed.

A Samsung executive said, ?We expect the domestic sales proportion to dwindle over time while global sales will rise,? while later adding, ?Negotiations with American telecom companies have dragged on.?

This kind of thing just gets really tiring.

Galaxy s2 delay

aTeam

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Arghhh I've been sitting on an upgrade since March and I've been researching android phones since November. I guess I'll have to wait... impatiently.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ugh, this is so frustrating. Beyond ridiculous at this point. I have 3 lines waiting to upgrade and this is the only phone I want. I want it so bad I can taste it and we have nothing but bad news.

Dmunjal

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Why not buy the SGS2 from Newegg for $679 and get a white iPhone 4 upgrade from AT&T and sell it on Craigslist for $600? You'll be out an extra $100 but it will be worth it since you'll have an unlocked phone that is not tied to AT&T's upgrade schedule.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Why not buy the SGS2 from Newegg for $679 and get a white iPhone 4 upgrade from AT&T and sell it on Craigslist for $600? You'll be out an extra $100 but it will be worth it since you'll have an unlocked phone that is not tied to AT&T's upgrade schedule.

May work for those on AT&T, but does nothing for us on Verizon or Sprint.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this means all that much. We've been hearing that negotiations with US carriers have been slow. But the executive's statement that domestic (i.e., South Korean) sales are dwindling while global sales are ramping up isn't relevant, I don't think. Seems like the two quotes are a non sequitor.

There's nothing here that says we couldn't see the SII in August as we've been anticipating. That would already be later than the Galaxy S was, and could reflect the slow negotiations.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

abhinayp#WP

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Does that from newegg come with samsung's warranty?

mikaeldalc

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You'll only be getting 2g speeds. Not worth buying unlocked version. Just wait for the next big thing. I just went with the htc sensation and couldn't b happier. Htc is going to show love to their products for a period of time while Samsung will give u an update in a year then forget about u. I loved my vibrant but only because of team whiskey. By the time the galaxy s2 comes out, we'll be talking about quad cores awesomeness.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

A great idea for those on AT&T waiting for this device.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this means all that much. We've been hearing that negotiations with US carriers have been slow. But the executive's statement that domestic (i.e., South Korean) sales are dwindling while global sales are ramping up isn't relevant, I don't think. Seems like the two quotes are a non sequitor.

There's nothing here that says we couldn't see the SII in August as we've been anticipating. That would already be later than the Galaxy S was, and could reflect the slow negotiations.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
I guess I'm confused as to why carrier negotiations for the S2 would be any different than any of the other Samsung phones. What needs to be negotiated with VZW with the S2 vs. say the Charge? Does it all boil down to just carrier specific branding/differentiation from other carriers because it's launching across multiple carriers?

Rence

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm confused as to why carrier negotiations for the S2 would be any different than any of the other Samsung phones. What needs to be negotiated with VZW with the S2 vs. say the Charge? Does it all boil down to just carrier specific branding/differentiation from other carriers because it's launching across multiple carriers?

Yes, it boils down to that. If you look at the original Galaxy S, it's different on every US carrier. That's unfortunately a likely outcome this time around too, though Samsung is probably fighting to keep it the same as the international version on US carriers.

Reactions: hubtime

Dmunjal

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
You'll only be getting 2g speeds. Not worth buying unlocked version. Just wait for the next big thing. I just went with the htc sensation and couldn't b happier. Htc is going to show love to their products for a period of time while Samsung will give u an update in a year then forget about u. I loved my vibrant but only because of team whiskey. By the time the galaxy s2 comes out, we'll be talking about quad cores awesomeness.

You get full 4G speeds on AT&T and 2G speeds on Tmobile. There is no version for CDMA yet.

bdpjumbi#CB

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I am on VZW and bought a DINC with a 1 yr contract last May. I have been eligible for an upgrade since March and want a phone with a bigger screen, dual-core and LTE. I also want something that can have data and voice simultaneously. I am running CM7 on my DINC which is the only thing keeping me sane. I even tried to switch to ATT on an Infuse as it is pretty close to the GSII but my crappy credit screwed that up. VZW needs to step up their handset game!

I am convinced that all this is artificial scarcity with VZW to give certain phones an exclusive window. They gave the Thunderbolt a window as the only LTE phone. Now I fear the Bionic will have an exclusive window as the only Dual-Core LTE phone thus probably giving us a 3G only GSII if we get it at all. I don't want a Bionic if it is going to be locked and force me to run their crappy Blur. If it is unlocked and the screen doesn't suck and it isn't too heavy then I am in. That's a lot of if's...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

You might want to run your numbers again. Where is the cost to get the iphone with your upgrade?

jiml40

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung US sales declined because they don't know customer support after the sale. We all know how they were about OS updates. How long has the Evo had 2.3 and epic still waiting and remember the 2.2 update what a mess. I am proud owner of htc evo3d and don't intend to buy a samsung phone again.

Shamanic Enzan

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Each carrier wants some kind of exclusivity in order to use it to bring in the sheep for two weeks before it's cheaper on an opponent's wavelengths.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Samsung US sales declined because they don't know customer support after the sale. We all know how they were about OS updates. How long has the Evo had 2.3 and epic still waiting and remember the 2.2 update what a mess. I am proud owner of htc evo3d and don't intend to buy a samsung phone again.

Only smart consumers buys samsung phones because we know they make the best hardware period. You can always root and run roms. Its much easier to do than htc phones for now since the boot loader is not locked. You cant change hardware so why limit yourself to sub standard quality controlled, and having the weakest hardware (htc)? Is it because of official support? No thanks they can keep their bloated ota updates.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I may end up doing this. There is no telling when it'll make it over. I also heard a rumor that the AT&T version may feature the Tegra processor (as opposed to the Exynos). If that turns out to be true then I'm definitely purchasing the Euro version.

What a nightmare. I was a part of that debacle (owned a Captivate), and we waiting for sooo long on not only Froyo, but also the fix for GPS (which some claim was still broken after the update). I was tempted to say the same (about not buying another Samsung phone), but the GSII is too mouth-watering to avoid. Not to mention the rumor that there may be a 1.4ghz "refresh" in the works that may hit the U.S. instead of the original 1.2. I just can't avoid a 1.2 (maybe 1.4) ghz dual core that actually performs like it appears on paper (Exynos ftw) and a GB of ram. That phone is calling my name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad