July has came and is ticking away and all we still have is observations, rumors and guesstimates. Supposing more time goes by and the patience wears off for the S2, what is the longest you would be willing to wait and what device or brand would you be interested in purchasing? It's not completely impossible especially with the whole Apple showdown partaking but if late September rolls around (I'm on at&t ) and it's not in store ready to be exchanged for my money, I am going to go with something else.
    07-09-2011 06:15 PM
    At this moment, my patiences are gone. I waited over 6 months for this and I think that is far than enough. So whatever catches my interests on AT&T will get my money, regardless of which OS or manufacturer.
    07-09-2011 06:43 PM
    I've been waiting since March, using my ancient broken Blackberry. I'll go with whatever looks good on another carrier by 8/1. I'm sick of AT&T delaying this phone. They sucked at issuing updates for BB as well. Maybe another carrier treats their customers better.
    07-09-2011 11:14 PM
    I've been waiting since March, using my ancient broken Blackberry. I'll go with whatever looks good on another carrier by 8/1. I'm sick of AT&T delaying this phone. They sucked at issuing updates for BB as well. Maybe another carrier treats their customers better.
    Oh dang. Yea having an older BB I could understand how you feel. The only thing that sucks about switching carriers now is everybody has data tiers that affect your bill/performance in some way or another. Switching now would drop anybody's grandfather and render them premium'd and/or throttled. Sprint would be the only option. I've been following this phone since I heard about it in January. Now its just a big tease.
    07-10-2011 05:03 AM
    As long as it takes. Sitting on three upgrades and it is the only phone that has me interested. Ill likely jump to the first carrier that gets it unless there is solid news that it is coming to my current carrier, being VZW.
    07-10-2011 07:26 AM
    Oh dang. Yea having an older BB I could understand how you feel. The only thing that sucks about switching carriers now is everybody has data tiers that affect your bill/performance in some way or another. Switching now would drop anybody's grandfather and render them premium'd and/or throttled. Sprint would be the only option. I've been following this phone since I heard about it in January. Now its just a big tease.
    Darn, you're right! I forgot. I'll lose my unlimited data. Geez I hate the telecoms. Yeah, this old broken BB is worthless, but it rings, which is a plus among Blackberries. Okay so, if the GS2 isn't available to buy by 8/1, I guess I'll go back to the Infuse. I liked the Infuse but the pixelated browser window drove me crazy. Loved the large screen though.
    07-11-2011 12:02 AM
    Till the cows come home

Sent from my EVO without me knowing
    07-11-2011 10:34 AM
    I can wait a few months. I just want a release date. Give me something to work with here!
    07-11-2011 04:00 PM
    I've waited for months. At this point I'm hoping for a mid july release...kinda tempted to pick up a Droid 3 though..my OG Droid can't hold out forever...
    07-11-2011 08:22 PM
    I've been waiting for months as well. I'm getting really tired of waiting but know that as soon as I'd pick up something else, the gs2 would arrive.

At this point I'm still waiting, albeit very impatiently!
    Broheemster likes this.
    07-11-2011 08:30 PM
    I will wait for awhile, but the rumored HTC "holiday" phone for AT&T is looking good. If samsung waits too long, then a better phone will come out and they will lose customers.
    HTC Holiday, Lead Android phones leaked | AndroidOS.in
    07-11-2011 08:32 PM
    I'm getting really tired of waiting but know that as soon as I'd pick up something else, the gs2 would arrive.
    Hahaa! So I'm not the only one with this kinda of luck. This would happen to me except it would be like 2 weeks past the restocking period so there would be no chance they would work with me. Although I have gotten cut slack on a few things before
    07-12-2011 02:03 AM
    I think it's getting simpler for me. I will wait until the Bionic falls (rumored to be 7/28 or 8/4). At that time, if there's something "concrete" on the GSII releasing in August, I will wait for the GSII. If not, I'll probably go ahead and get the Bionic. So, basically, if we don't know anything more about the GSII release by then or we do know and we find out that it won't be out until September or later, I'll probably go ahead and get the Bionic. I've been waiting far, far too long for something. And it's either the Bionic or GSII for me. Unfortunately, it's coming down more and more to release times.
    07-12-2011 08:59 AM
    I've been waiting since I first heard about the Gs2 and now I have finally waited too long, won't buy it no matter when its released what a bunch of crap to make the USA wait 3 to 4 months later then the rest of the world.
    07-12-2011 03:16 PM
    I've been waiting since I first heard about the Gs2 and now I have finally waited too long, won't buy it no matter when its released what a bunch of crap to make the USA wait 3 to 4 months later then the rest of the world.
    I waited and my thought process was if the phone comes out in July for either Verizon or ATT I'll get it, if not July release then I'm holding off 1 month and wait for the next iphone in september and then compare all the phones I'm interested on.

I'll tell you something if Apple announces a 4" retina display, LTE for verizon, dual core phone I'll pass on the galaxy 2 since Samsung and the US carriers are taking their sweet time with this.

And don't be surprised if this happens and people get fed up and either get the Bionic , Evo3d or simply wait for the iphone.
    07-13-2011 02:32 AM
    Don't think you we will be seeing a 4G LTE Iphone this year but I'm sure the Iphone 6 will have 4G.
    07-13-2011 08:24 AM
    My only issue with this line of thinking (there's nothing wrong with it) is that this is exactly what VZW is banking on... They have a cozy relationship with Motorola/HTC and to hell with everyone else. I'm not willing to support this further. I'd rather abandon ship.

VZW is in a power position because of their network, but I don't make that many phone calls and almost every time I use the internet on my phone there's WiFi available. Maybe I'm stupid to keep paying them a premium for a network I'm not taking advantage of when their phone selection sucks.
    07-13-2011 09:00 AM
    Till the cows come home

Sent from my EVO without me knowing
    Funny...this was going to be my exact response

I refuse to settle because of impatience. 2 years is a LOOONG time to have a phone that I purchased out of impatience. Some things are worth the wait and a STELLAR piece of hardware is worth the wait.

Go big or go home................
    07-13-2011 04:17 PM
    VZW is in a power position because of their network, but I don't make that many phone calls and almost every time I use the internet on my phone there's WiFi available. Maybe I'm stupid to keep paying them a premium for a network I'm not taking advantage of when their phone selection sucks.
    I think that all the time. what they did with the Merge launch doesn't help change my opinion
    07-14-2011 03:15 AM
    How long?

Until something came out that beats the SGS2, if it hadn't been released by then. Right now, none of the current offerings do it for me. The Photon looks interesting, but I've never been a fan of Moto phones for some reason. Too "enterpriseish" (yeah I made a word up). However, I'm going to take a solid look at the Bionic if it's released in August. If the specs and reviews of it are similar to or better than the SGS2, I and like the look and feel of it, I could see myself buying my first Moto device and actually moving to Big Red. I've been a Sprint customer for about 8 years now, but a big part of carrier selection for me is their device portfolio. I'd be willing to pay more on a carrier that has a device I want. My 2yr contract is up so it's decision time again. We'll see who gets my money going forward.

I feel like Sprint blew it with the 3D. If they had released a version closer to the Sensation I would probably own one right now.
    07-14-2011 01:58 PM
    Funny...this was going to be my exact response

I refuse to settle because of impatience. 2 years is a LOOONG time to have a phone that I purchased out of impatience. Some things are worth the wait and a STELLAR piece of hardware is worth the wait.

Go big or go home................
    My thoughts exactly.
    07-14-2011 06:32 PM
    I think it's getting simpler for me. I will wait until the Bionic falls (rumored to be 7/28 or 8/4). At that time, if there's something "concrete" on the GSII releasing in August, I will wait for the GSII. If not, I'll probably go ahead and get the Bionic. So, basically, if we don't know anything more about the GSII release by then or we do know and we find out that it won't be out until September or later, I'll probably go ahead and get the Bionic. I've been waiting far, far too long for something. And it's either the Bionic or GSII for me. Unfortunately, it's coming down more and more to release times.
    I'm in the exact same state of mind.
    DolfanCole likes this.
    07-18-2011 10:19 PM
    How long?

Until something came out that beats the SGS2, if it hadn't been released by then. Right now, none of the current offerings do it for me. The Photon looks interesting, but I've never been a fan of Moto phones for some reason. Too "enterpriseish" (yeah I made a word up). However, I'm going to take a solid look at the Bionic if it's released in August. If the specs and reviews of it are similar to or better than the SGS2, I and like the look and feel of it, I could see myself buying my first Moto device and actually moving to Big Red. I've been a Sprint customer for about 8 years now, but a big part of carrier selection for me is their device portfolio. I'd be willing to pay more on a carrier that has a device I want. My 2yr contract is up so it's decision time again. We'll see who gets my money going forward.

I feel like Sprint blew it with the 3D. If they had released a version closer to the Sensation I would probably own one right now.
    Remember if you switch you will no longer have unlimited data anymore... With that said, sprint will be releasing a new hero which I believe is aka the pyramid.. Like the sensation but I believe it will have a 4 inch screen (Not sure).. Not sure why people hate the Evo 3d as if you cant turn the 3d off but to each his own.. It has more ram then the sensation with a less lag according to reviewers.. I think the Galaxy S 2 will be a beast but I dont like touchwiz but I may try it anyway, but its hurting them because since its taking so long to release it may not be the big boy on the block anymore... They wait too long and it will be competing with the iphone 5 and the new onslaught of android devices which may be quad core..
    07-19-2011 01:25 PM
    Not sure why people hate the Evo 3d as if you cant turn the 3d off but to each his own.. It has more ram then the sensation with a less lag according to reviewers..
    I hear ya. I don't "hate" the EVO 3D. There's no denying that it's a solid device with very current technology. But there's just something deep inside me that doesn't like the 3D feature, knowing full well that I don't have to use it. I can't explain it ... it just turns me off. I just feel like 3D on a portable hand held device is a gimmick, and I think Sprint made a mistake with it. It's just my opinion though.
    07-19-2011 01:59 PM
    I didn;t wait..I Bought unlocked and unbranded. Sign up for a couple i5s in the fall and sell them.
    07-19-2011 07:34 PM