Here's an article that speculates about the never-ending delay.

While much of the world, at least on the European side of the equation, has been reveling in the glory of the Samsung Galaxy S2 for quite some time now, the US market remains rather inexplicably in the dark regarding how long the delays will last and why they have been present in the first place. With the waiting period now extending from weeks into months, it certainly seems that Samsung are in no hurry whatsoever, with the very best we have to go on being a number of so-called leaks regarding potential carrier-specific product names.....

Read More
    07-13-2011 08:06 AM
    07-13-2011 09:32 AM
    Samsung has begun to steer people on Facebook and Twitter to articles like this one, indirectly pointing the finger at the carriers without specifically saying so. Anyone with half a brain can read between the lines and see what they're saying. Basically it's "if it were up to us you'd have this phone in your pocket already". Still, I'd say it's possible that after the success of the Galaxy S last year and the SII in Korea and the UK so far, Samsung may be pushing back and not bowing in to the carrier demands for device differentiation so easily, making the negotiations more difficult. Meanwhile HTC releases the Thunderbolt, 3D and Sensation and Motorola the Photon, Bionic and Droid 3, and who still seem ready and willing to build phones around carrier demands. Who knows though .. I doubt we'll ever know the real reasons behind the delay.

It's certainly frustrating if you're excited about this device.
    07-13-2011 03:12 PM
    What I don't understand is, why neither one (AT&T/Samsung) will offer any information about its release. I don't see any information as having a detrimental effect on either. Some of us will wait, some of us won't. I could be wrong but, I don't think having information about when they hope it will be released, or even, -if-, it will be released in the US, would hurt either Samsung or AT&T. Speaking personally, the delay is driving me to buying an alternate, unlocked phone in order to avoid AT&T's bloatware and free myself from their control. I guess it's their lack of concern for their customers that's coming through for me. Anyway, that's how I feel about what they're both doing; ignoring their customer base. In the meantime, AT&T still emails me with offers trying to get me to spend more money with them. I'm looking to do the opposite.
    07-13-2011 07:47 PM
    This is a good thing if you want an unlocked unbranded SGS II on unlimited 3G MediaNet for $10 a month..and easily paid for buy upgrading to an iPhone and selling it. (or two) I picked up a used SGS II from a guy whose wife wanted the iphone instead for $600. Well worth it as the developers are churning out some great ROMs and Kernels already.
    07-19-2011 07:42 PM