Is the AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G the Samsung Galaxy S II ??

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so, the GSII is a dual-core CPU smartphone that alone puts it on a next level of smartphone of the Galaxy SII line. The Infuse 4G although it does have a beautiful display and not sure if it super amoled+ doesn't have a dual core processor such as the Galaxy SII.

There maybe other comparisons that I would have to look up as souces, such as a comparison chart of specifications (maybe someone can post one of those), but the reason why I responded to this thread is because I owe a Galaxy SII and I always walk into at&t wireless stores to play with the Infuse 4G and they look very similar, but I know that under the hood I have a more powerfull processor inside mine. :)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No this is a different device that was released in the US on AT&T in May. It looks a bit like the Galaxy SII, but the notable differences are a bigger screen, single core processor and the older Android version 2.2 (Froyo). AT&T's branded version of the Galaxy SII is supposed to be called the Attain, when its eventually released (if ever).

vfp

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
They may have different operating properties, but as I just discovered, they must be quite similar in OS characteristics. I recently upgraded my phone from the Firmware ver. 2.2.1, Baseband ver. UCKE3, Kernal ver 2.6.32.9, Build FROYO.UCKE3; to the GB 2.3.6, non rooted. All went well, until Google decided to change their privacy rules and now force everyone to accept their rules or decline using their products. On an Android, that pretty much is everything.

I decided, in order to circumvent that kind of control, I would root my phone and use apps from other vendors, like Amazon, until I discovered that rooting this new version is very difficult if not impossible.

I tried to return it to the older version and ended up soft bricking my phone into and endless Samsung power on loop. I managed to get the phone back by installing a Galaxy 2.3.5 Firmware version; Baseband UCKI4 and Kernel 2.6.35.7-I997UCKI$-CL598680, Build GINGERBREAD.UCKI4.

When I turn off the phone however, I now get this cute little Galaxy S animation before it turns off. Otherwise, the phone operates identically as before. I made the mistake of deleting the OS, data cache, and SDCARD. Dumb, I Know; but what would one expect from a NOOBE, Which I can certainly hold claim to.

I don't know how others feel about all that annoying crapware on their phones, but I for one am a minimalist. I only want what I want and nothing else. Especially irrititating are those apps, like Facebook, and YP, and Navigator, etc. that I never use, and have no intention of using; but cannot be shutdown or uninstalled. So I decided I would root the phone to see if I can make that happen. I would not otherwise think this way if that ability were allowed in the basic build. I can add and remove other apps, but not those they install. Well you can see where this is going.

I had an app, called word with friends, which I played with my wife. We would relax in the evening while playing that together. When Google decided to change their privacy rules, I declined their rule and away went the ability to use the app and consequently, my ability to spend that time with my wife in that way. Suddenly my new Infuse became a missile and a new hole appeared in the sheetrock wall, which if anything, certifies the ruggedness of these phones.

I have not had the time yet to see if I really can delete these apps but will report on that progress in time. I am not a tech saavy person, given my age and lack of interest. I only got this darned thing because my wife wanted one and want me to have what she had. That is not happening again. I could have been quite satisfied with my Droid X that my employer provides me. I prefer not to use it for personal stuff, which is the only reason I reluctantly agreed to get this thing in the first place.

AT&T should be thanking me for just giving them my money every month without really providing me with any services for which I pay. 6 text msgs, 3 phone calls, two of which were unknown callers, and 42mb of a 2GB data plan....YeeHaww Maw, we're cookin with gas nowwww