or SG3? Since I can't wait past July 31 for the S2 and since I don't think it'll be released by then, I'm thinking I might as well wait for the Prime. Is there any reason I can't buy an old BB (newer than mine) so I can have a more usable phone while waiting for the Prime? Can't I just slip my sim in the new BB and use it? I did that when I my Bold stopped ringing. I just put my sim in my old Curve and everything works fine and I didn't have to use my upgrade.

Besides, it feels like a waste to me to upgrade to the S2 in Aug. or Sept. when the Prime might be out in Nov. OTOH, if I'm willing to wait until Nov/Dec. I might as well wait until 2012 Q1for the Samsung GS3. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go back to the Infuse, or maybe I should just shoot myself and get it overwith...I can smell my brain burning...lol
    07-13-2011 09:21 PM
    It has taken forever for the carriers to release the Galaxy s2, do you reallly think in a half a year they will be willing to release the galaxy s3? Highly doubt it. Your best bet would probably get the Samsung s2 when it releases, then see if the nexus prime is as godly as the rumors are, and sell it on eBay or Craigslist. The s2 would have a much higher resale value then any blackberry at this point. That is my plan if sprint releases the within anytime soon.
    07-17-2011 12:10 AM
    That was my thought exactly. Bought the GS2 unlocked and if the Nexus Prime is worth it, I'll sell.
    07-17-2011 09:58 AM
    It has taken forever for the carriers to release the Galaxy s2, do you reallly think in a half a year they will be willing to release the galaxy s3? Highly doubt it. Your best bet would probably get the Samsung s2 when it releases, then see if the nexus prime is as godly as the rumors are, and sell it on eBay or Craigslist. The s2 would have a much higher resale value then any blackberry at this point. That is my plan if sprint releases the within anytime soon.
    I don't plan on selling my old BB or newer, old BB because I like to have a backup phone. I don't know when they'll launch the S3. I'm only guesstimating from some of the articles I've read. With each iteration of the phone, the FCC paperwork reveals information they don't discuss publicly. From some of that information, it seems Samsung is bent on burying the iPhone 5 with release after release of upgraded phones. I'm probably wrong, but I thought it might be possible for Samsung to flood the market with phones. I've been reading about the rumored S2 Plus which may launch with the iPhone 5, as an upgrade to the S2. I know I can't wait forever for a phone because I want to take this BB and smash it to bits with a hammer. I just know that, because I upgrade about every 2-3 years, I don't want to buy a phone now, that will be antiquated 2 months later. That may happen anyway.

I'm not keen on buying phone after phone because I hate having to redo all my settings each time. I like your idea though and that's what I think I'll do. I am confused about one thing though. Who buys an old phone at full retail? Are they people who want to upgrade but don't have that option with their carrier? Does the phone have to be unlocked before you sell it?
    07-18-2011 12:02 PM
    The nexus prime is likely to have a 1.5ghz dual core processor. However you can very easily overclock the gs2 to that and it is very stable.
    In my opinion, it's all in the screen size.
    It's looking at a 4.5 inch to 4.7 inch display on the nexus prime. I just got my galaxy s2 yesterday and one of the main reasons as to why I didn't wait for other things is because:
    1. It's a bloody fast phone.
    2. The screen (4.3 inches) is already more than most people will probably need.
    3. Screen size is perfect.
    4. Behemoth resolutions (720p) on a phone will drain the battery out and slows the performance. Look at qHD phones. While benchmarks aren't really indicators of actual real world performance, they certainly show how these devices handle games/graphically demanding content, particularly when they have to push out so many pixels on a display that doesn't really need them.
    If you wear glasses/your eyesight isn't stellar, then a 720p display is utterly pointless.
    Even on my galaxy s2 I only actually see the pixels if I am actually looking for them, otherwise I simply don't pay attention to them and am entranced in the sheer clarity and beauty of the colours on it.

These are just some thing I felt I should point out before making a choice of the sort.
    Hope these things could help influence you into making a good decision.

Cheers,
    Mark.
    09-01-2011 03:01 AM
    Well, I'm using the Infuse right now and I'm not sure that dual core will make all that much difference for me. The Infuse is fast, at least fast enough for me. It's the screen size that's making the difference for me. I love the 4.5" display and just don't think I can downsize and be happy. The only thing with the Infuse is the pixelation that occurs at times during web browsing. It bothers me a bit. Since AT&T shrunk the screen size on the S2, I'm probably going to have a look at the Nexus Prime. I know some think the 4.5" display is too big, but it's perfect for me. I'd actually love a 5" phone. Then it would be something of a tablet substitute. I use a BT anyway, so the larger the screen, the better.
    09-07-2011 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD