I read an article that the telecoms are battling with Samsung over exclusivity and Samsung isn't bending. They refuse to lock the S2 to a particular carrier since that will effect sales. Could that be true?
    07-18-2011 01:24 PM
    But how would that work with those leak Sprint Galaxy s 2 (within).....if it really is a galaxy s 2.
    07-18-2011 04:20 PM
    But how would that work with those leak Sprint Galaxy s 2 (within).....if it really is a galaxy s 2.
    I think it was addressing why neither AT&T nor Verizon offered the phone in the US when it was released in Europe; that the delay was AT&T and Verizon trying to force Samsung to release some iteration of the phone to one or the other, but not both. There was also a question of which features will be available on each phone, vs the features that will be available on the Sprint TMobile versions. Maybe it's a feature battle?
    07-18-2011 05:33 PM
    If so I dont blame Samsung. The design is killer and its a good idea to not let the carriers mess it up. Plus its cheaper for them to manufacture one killer design and it makes them more money if it is on all carriers..
    07-18-2011 06:24 PM
    If so I dont blame Samsung. The design is killer and its a good idea to not let the carriers mess it up. Plus its cheaper for them to manufacture one killer design and it makes them more money if it is on all carriers..
    exactly. That's what ruined the first galaxy s lines because each carrier had their own version and that's whats causing the delay for the updates to U.S Galaxy S phones. Samsung is doing right with wanting to release the same version in the U.S so the updates wont be ridiculously delayed and everyone is happy with the same product, just different carriers.
    07-18-2011 08:56 PM
    Samsung has what everyone wants, keeping the phones with the same UI will keep updates fast and on time. The US carriers have done what they always do, **** things up for the customers. So sick of always getting the best phones a year or more later then we should. Wake up Carriers, this phone will sell faster then a rabbit gets fuc---.
    07-18-2011 10:54 PM
    Glad to hear Samsung is putting their foot down. Make it easier for consumers and Samsung and not muck up the Galaxy S2 with bloat and software/hardware 'features'.
    07-18-2011 11:26 PM
    If the Samsung Within aka GS2 is coming to Sprint than I am gonna have a hell of a time picking a phone this fall.
    07-18-2011 11:39 PM
    Its carriers doing things like this that actually allow phones to age quicker... The GS2 should have been out.. By the time it comes out there may be a quad core about to enter the ball game which inevitably will cause some people to wait, when they would have pulled the trigger now if it was out.. They screw themselves sometimes..
    07-19-2011 11:35 AM
    Staffordshire Terriers are not pitbulls
    Pitbulls are English Bull Terriers mixed with Staffordshire Terriers
    Either way, they're angels. Sweeter and smarter than you can imagine.
    Please, save a life from your local animal shelter.
    They need us. We need them.
    All dogs are basically only a product of their environment. People who "purchase" Pit Bulls -- **DESIRE** a mean dog. Yes, those dogs are CAPABLE of destruction; their jaws do contain massive power...

However, their attitude is a human-trained feature. Yes, they are more "pre-disposed" to violence -- but I have met many ultra-sweet & loving pit-bulls.

So, here's the truth: Some breeds are already "ultra-tame" so even the "extremes" are still tame. Other breeds are "semi-wild" -- these can be raised to be sweet... or **TAUGHT** to be nasty & mean. It is not the dog's fault - it is the human's.

In college, I had a Basenji - a breed that was only domesticated in the 1940's. He did not bark (wild dogs do not!), but "chirped". He was extremely agile - he could climb a chain-link fence... but very loyal. The breed, from Africa, was bred to hunt Gazelles - they could sprint HARD, lock their jaw onto an ankle, and "trip" the prey; then, they grabbed (but did not puncture) the neck.

>> in other words, dogs do what we have trained them to. They are not violent - but can be easily or difficultly TRAINED to be violent.

>> Back to your Android loving. Sorry for the digression.
    07-21-2011 01:32 AM
    Absolutely! The carriers are ruining it for everyone. We need to go to the way of Europe and stop this contract garbage with the telecoms. We just keep making them more and more powerful every time we buy on contract.
    07-21-2011 04:21 AM
    All dogs are basically only a product of their environment. People who "purchase" Pit Bulls -- **DESIRE** a mean dog. Yes, those dogs are CAPABLE of destruction; their jaws do contain massive power...

However, their attitude is a human-trained feature. Yes, they are more "pre-disposed" to violence -- but I have met many ultra-sweet & loving pit-bulls.

So, here's the truth: Some breeds are already "ultra-tame" so even the "extremes" are still tame. Other breeds are "semi-wild" -- these can be raised to be sweet... or **TAUGHT** to be nasty & mean. It is not the dog's fault - it is the human's.

In college, I had a Basenji - a breed that was only domesticated in the 1940's. He did not bark (wild dogs do not!), but "chirped". He was extremely agile - he could climb a chain-link fence... but very loyal. The breed, from Africa, was bred to hunt Gazelles - they could sprint HARD, lock their jaw onto an ankle, and "trip" the prey; then, they grabbed (but did not puncture) the neck.

>> in other words, dogs do what we have trained them to. They are not violent - but can be easily or difficultly TRAINED to be violent.

>> Back to your Android loving. Sorry for the digression.
    Actually, cocker spaniels, chihuahua's, and a host of other dogs are predisposed to violence. Staffordshire Terriers are not. There is so much misunderstanding about these dogs. If anyone reads the Staffie profile at the AKC site, they will see that Staffies are gentle and loving. The problem is, if you make a large dog angry they can do more damage than a small angry dog can do. It's not a personality trait of Staffies to be mean. Quite the opposite. I've rescued 8 so far and all have been loving and gentle despite terrible abuse in some cases. I rescued a German Shepherd who was labeled as vicious. There was nothing vicious about her. She was being emotionally abused by her owner. After I got her, she turned into a mushy, lovable, sweet dog. You're right. It's the owner, not the dog. The staffie pictured here loved people and all animals despite being abused. That's normal for a Staffie. It hurts me every time I rescue one from abuse. We breed them, abuse them and then kill them. At least the man who abused my last Staffie went to jail for it. Small consolation. Anyway, this is far off topic :-)

I want my S2! I'm so close to buying off contract...
    07-21-2011 04:33 AM
    ATT won't get it until the Fall. Buy one unlocked and throw a custom Rom on it. Sign up for unlimited data on MediaMet and don't look back. That's what I did. Unbranded and unlocked is the way to go..

Sign a contract for a couple iphone 5s when they get released and sell them...
    07-23-2011 11:35 PM
    ATT won't get it until the Fall.
    And I take it the people in your head told u his, huh?
    07-23-2011 11:48 PM
    And I take it the people in your head told u his, huh?
    Watch and learn grasshopper...Watch and learn.
    http://androidandme.com/2011/07/news...rola-to-blame/

http://www.guidingtech.com/mobiles/s...u-s-in-august/

September at the earliest for ATT.... They rarely release a phone when first stated They WANT to keep people from going elsewhere. So why not say it will be here next week..LOL? but hey its only 6 weeks away.....But if its anything like the Captivate. ATT will screw it up royally anyway. I wouldn't touch it.
    07-23-2011 11:55 PM
    September at the earliest for ATT.... They rarely release a phone when first stated They WANT to keep people from going elsewhere. So why not say it will be here next week..LOL? but hey its only 6 weeks away.....But if its anything like the Captivate. ATT will screw it up royally anyway. I wouldn't touch it.
    Who knows how things will end up, but I disagree. I think AT&T will be the first carrier to release it, sometime next month. I say this because they were first to get the Galaxy last year, don't have any upcoming device releases that the SGS2 could cannibalize (that I know of anyways), and while I'm no engineer, I would assume specializing a GS2 for AT&T would be the easiest due to their GSM network.

I'd love to see Sprint release theirs in August but I don't think we'll see it until early September. BUT, if Sprint's version is changed for the worse, I'd consider buying an unsubsidized GS2 and moving to AT&T. $700 is a big nut for a phone though.
    07-24-2011 01:41 AM
    I'm thinking about the mediamet idea because AT&T just told me they won't grandfather me with my upgrade. They said they don't do that anymore. I'll need to leave them because I'm too angry to stay.
    07-25-2011 09:32 AM
    Who knows how things will end up, but I disagree. I think AT&T will be the first carrier to release it, sometime next month. I say this because they were first to get the Galaxy last year, don't have any upcoming device releases that the SGS2 could cannibalize (that I know of anyways), and while I'm no engineer, I would assume specializing a GS2 for AT&T would be the easiest due to their GSM network.

I'd love to see Sprint release theirs in August but I don't think we'll see it until early September. BUT, if Sprint's version is changed for the worse, I'd consider buying an unsubsidized GS2 and moving to AT&T. $700 is a big nut for a phone though.
    Not really. I bought mine used for $600 from a guy who bought two but his wife preferred the iphone. Its unbranded unlocked euro version. I sold my captivate for $200. $400 was not a lot to pay for way more than a phone. Its a tablet you can carry in your pocket. 64GB storage.

Medianet UL data for $10 a month helps offset the cost as well. NewEgg is selling them for less than $700 and the price will only go down.
    07-26-2011 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD