Samsung Galaxy S II Review

zhudm66

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is one amazing Android phone. The responsiveness of the hardware, UI benefits from latest 2.3.3 plus Samsung tweaks, makes this device a pleasure to use... And painless transition if coming from 'the other camp'... ;)

Only peeves are the battery consumption- still can't live up to expectations of a heavy user, handling of Exchange lockscreen delay- basically there's none so it's password entry EVERY UNLOCK, even 1 sec lapse, and niggly absence of predictive text within own stock Email app if u stick out with a 3rd party like SwiftKey or iTap.

But still, what a gorgeous display, what a worthy iPhone alternative

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Wanderer000

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine last week and I am loving it so far.

I do have a question (for Samsung) about how the apps are arranged though. They seem to be added into the App pages as you download them with no way to arrange them alphabetically. The list view appears to be the only way to see them alphabetically.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine last week and I am loving it so far.

I do have a question (for Samsung) about how the apps are arranged though. They seem to be added into the App pages as you download them with no way to arrange them alphabetically. The list view appears to be the only way to see them alphabetically.

I read on the XDA forums somewhere that this functionality is missing in Touchwiz. However, https://market.android.com/details?id=net.demidoes.appzorter.lite should solve your issue. There's a ad-free pay version also for about a buck.

dino355

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for a few days and finding hard to put down!

My previous phones in the last couple of years have been an iPhone and Blackberries and this is by far superior of course. Its no email wizard like the BB and not as easy to pick up and use like the iPhone but with a few tweaks (which is the whole point of Android no?) its awesome.

Ill try and sum it up:

Super Fast
Super light
Amazing camera (for a phone)
Even better video

My main gripe though is the battery life. My phone was fully charged 11 hours ago and now I have 12% battery remaining with light to moderate use today.Im hoping that rooting the phone and removing the networks branding software will remedy this some.

Still well worth it - just be prepared with car charger and a spare battery!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

maddada1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
the emulators just make the phone 100X times better
espicially that not one game that i tried lagged my phone even the ones that have high graphics chip requirments.
did you know that you could run play station x (ps 1) games?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
just use any app freezing application to freeze the apps that u can't delete but don't want

App freezing apps just makes for more work and drainage of the battery, the apps immediatly restart and guess what happens? The app killer. An endless cycle. Flashing a descent Rom will be the only fix.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Maseroche

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Haven't noticed a yellowish tint at all, just a fantastic phone that makes me feel glad that I finally switched from my torch.

Duggald

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yerp, guess the yellow tint was solved. Haven't seen it.

But I'm loving mine. Swype was very easy to get to grips with (after coming from a slide out qwerty keyboard), and I agree with Empathy, this is one solid, quality phone.

And the fluidicity :)D?) of this thing is just awe-inspiring. Gaining 3600-3700 in the Quadrant (if that amounts to much use for anyone) plus the sound quality is awesome.

Coming from the LG GW520, I was pretty much flabbergasted by the screen quality. Everything is sharper, clearer. And the colours.. My god, the colours. A bit over-saturated, but I don't mind that.

I guess the biggest culture shock came from the battery life. I've known for a while that all smartphones suffer from poor battery life, which is why I'd always avoided them (due to being a heavy user), but I can get a good day out of this, and just charge over-night.

All in all, I couldn't be happier that I'd upgraded to such a phone, and would encourage others to do the same. :D

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yerp, guess the yellow tint was solved. Haven't seen it.

But I'm loving mine. Swype was very easy to get to grips with (after coming from a slide out qwerty keyboard), and I agree with Empathy, this is one solid, quality phone.

And the fluidicity :)D?) of this thing is just awe-inspiring. Gaining 3600-3700 in the Quadrant (if that amounts to much use for anyone) plus the sound quality is awesome.

Coming from the LG GW520, I was pretty much flabbergasted by the screen quality. Everything is sharper, clearer. And the colours.. My god, the colours. A bit over-saturated, but I don't mind that.

I guess the biggest culture shock came from the battery life. I've known for a while that all smartphones suffer from poor battery life, which is why I'd always avoided them (due to being a heavy user), but I can get a good day out of this, and just charge over-night.

All in all, I couldn't be happier that I'd upgraded to such a phone, and would encourage others to do the same. :D

Carriers don't have this phone available yet, but it seems that everyone has a GSII. How is that?

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S II review. What are your thoughts on the device? Will it be your next Smartphone? And if so what carrier will you purchase it on? And if you already own this device, how are you liking it?

I'm still trying to decide if I want this one or wait and see what the iPhone 5 will bring. If the iPhone 5 has LTE for AT&T and the G2 only has 4G when AT&T finally gets it, I will likely go for the iP5.

BTW, that was a nice review video.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm still trying to decide if I want this one or wait and see what the iPhone 5 will bring. If the iPhone 5 has LTE for AT&T and the G2 only has 4G when AT&T finally gets it, I will likely go for the iP5.

BTW, that was a nice review video.

Rumer is that Verizon will have a Nexus phone by then too. (LTE.. isn't Verizon on LTE)?
Yes I'd like to see the IPhone 5 as well. Holidays are gonna be great this year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair