Do you think Steve Jobs could pull anything out of his sleeve this year that could trump the GS2? I'm due for an upgrade now and I'm so tempted to snap this up as soon as its released on ATT. I should mention I already have an iP4, so if the next iPhone is a marginal upgrade its definately no contest (I'm keeping my iP4 because I do like it a lot). The GS2 just seems to have all the bells and whistles. The only down side I can see is I'm not sure I wanted a hulking big 4.3 inch screen but after using one a while I'll probably prefer it over the smaller screens, who knows? I know asking on an Android forum I'll probably get some biased opinions. My problem is I love all the phones and want them all! LOL!
    07-21-2011 06:46 PM
    They will both be amazing phones. It all comes down to OS. What I'd do, I'd buy an android phone, and an iPod Touch/iPad. That way, you get the full experience of each OS, both of which are great for certain people. In fact, for most people, they are both excellent OS's. I keep one of each, and a WP7 device around
    07-21-2011 08:03 PM
    They will both be amazing phones. It all comes down to OS. What I'd do, I'd buy an android phone, and an iPod Touch/iPad. That way, you get the full experience of each OS, both of which are great for certain people. In fact, for most people, they are both excellent OS's. I keep one of each, and a WP7 device around
    ^ This. Both will be great I'm sure, catering to different people for different reasons. If all else fails you can always flip a coin!
    07-22-2011 06:08 PM
    I share your opinion. Currently an iOS household, but I am looking forward to replacing my 3GS with a GS2 to compliment the iPad 2. The things I do on my tablet I prefer iOS for. I want Android for my phone.
    07-22-2011 10:19 PM
    I have the SGS II and an iTouch 4.......I have not used the ITouch since getting the Captivate last year and that ATT branded handset needed a LOT of work. Thankfully the developers at XDA were up to the task and made it a great device

The SGS 2 trumps the iStuff on many levels. USB MAss Storage capability and battery switching being near the top of the list, then there is the customization options. and no Itunes to deal with. Just drag and drop or sync with the cloud. Readable notifications and information without opening applications on widgets,,,,on and on.
    07-24-2011 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD