SGS2 Cases

DenDen2012

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I recently bought my phone outright and I now would like to protect it with a durable case. The case I am looking at in specific is the Otterbox Commuter series case. The only problem is it hasn't been released yet. With that being the reality at the moment, what are some other options out there that I can look at which would give me protection for the phone (and screen if possible).

In regards to the screen, i know the glass on our phones is Gorilla Glass, should i be putting a screen protector on it anyway? Please give me your thoughts. (This is my first touchscreen phone and I would like to leverage experiences from others on this matter).

Thanks

anon(284786)

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Im in the exact same boat. Waiting for the otterbox, but needing somethingright now! I just ordered a cheap one from ebay to hold me over. Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
You should always put a screen protector regardless if the display is made out of gorilla or kripton glass.

Sent from my GT-I9100

heterosethual

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Here at Bell there are no cases, I got a person at Ghost armor to put a protector on my screen, as I notices the screen gets too smudged.
I think that's all this phone really needs.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the MESH VENT CASE on eBay some time ago and I still have not found the manufacturer that makes it, but it is a beautiful case (I'm attaching a picture of it) and wish this company would also make cases for other phones like iphones and HTC devices. My Galaxy SII looks so gorgeous and sexy with this case. Here is the link: GENUINE SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 S II i9100 MESH VENT CASE | eBay

and here:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/genuine-samsung-galaxy-s2-i9100-mesh-vent-case-black-p29893.htm

and youtube video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGOGthJy_ZE&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

Kingfrog

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I dumped both the case and the screen protector. Had a rubber silicon case.....sticky and hard to get out of the pocket. And a truly protective shock absorbing case will make the phone feel like a bar of soap.

In the end one needs that kind of soft rubber to absorb the shock of a drop. hard plastic just transfers the shock...as far as the glass goes I tried to scratch it with a key and a knife like I have seen on YouTube and did not make a mark. So I think the LCD under the glass would break before the gorilla glass and no more finger prints and a lt smoother to operate. Under normal conditions the glass should never scratch even with keys in one's pocket.

Its funny how only the screen protector makers like Zagg are capable of scratching the glass up on YouTube LOL...

A few scratches and nicks on the plastic edge don't bother me. Its not a work of art..LOL 18 months or less it's replaced...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair