Would my HTC Inspire Data plan work on Galaxy S2?

anon(426382)

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have an HTC Inspire 4G with the $25 Data plan which is 2GB max per month. I get excellent speeds where I live (Bay Area, CA) up to 6 MB/s so I am wondering if I will get the same speeds with the SGS2.

I am buying the unlocked SGS2 from Telia here in Sweden (exact same phone that UK sellls with same basebands) so in theory it should work, but I want to make sure my HTC Inspire 4G SIM card will work and I will be able to get Data.

What do you guys think?

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it should work. The Galaxy S2 should work fine, with the same speeds as the inspire. They are both the fake ATT 4G (HSPA+).

Elite Busido

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Would I be able to switch my $30 unl plan over to the gs2 and get 4g?
Would it work if I chanced my sim card also because I have a micro one because of the iPhone 4

Last edited:

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The GS2 uses a standard SIM card, you "might" be able to position the micro card just right to get it to work in the GS2, but doubtful. You likely have to exchange your micro sim for a standard one, or find an adapter (not sure they make them..).

You can switch over your unl plan, but you may not get full 4G. 4G is tied to the APN which is tied to the data plans. The older smartphone plans only have a 3G capable APN proxy network (best I've gotten is 5Mb/s down 1.5Mb/s up). A 4G APN in theory could get you up to 21Mb/s down, but not sure you can move the unlimited to the 4G APNs.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Cool, glad they could swap it, but I would double check to make sure they didn't drop you unlimited plan and change you over to a 4GB 4G plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci