Shouldn't there be an event by Samsung first before any carrier announces the SGSII? Since it'll be on multiple carriers (and they did this last year) won't there be a party in NYC with a bunch of bloggers in wrinkled button-up shirts and techno pumping as the only two chick-bloggers hide behind an ice sculpture hiding from the Engadget guys (they think they're so cool with their 5 o'clock shadows, grow a real beard! Right Jerry?)?

Especially seeing how Samsung just sent out those little telescopes to people I figuring they are going to have a bash somewhere with a telescope. It would be cool if it was at the Griffith Observatory here in L.A. But I'm sure there's a telescope or planetarium somewhere in NYC.
    07-29-2011 02:38 PM
    lol. Would love to do something in L.A. But I'm still waiting on my spaceship ride.

I'm sure somebody will do something when they're ready.

07-29-2011 02:45 PM
    Maybe the little telescopes were just sent a little to late to watch the SGS2 launch into space.
    07-29-2011 03:21 PM
    If I remember correctly, there is an August event scheduled in S Korea where they're going to announce the US release of the GS2 and an updated version of the Tab. The president Shin, didn't give a date for the event, if I remember correctly. I do remember reading that he mentioned it in the interview when he talked about the GS2 August US release.

If anyone knows the date of the event, please feel free to mention it! lol
    07-29-2011 03:45 PM
    If I remember correctly, there is an August event scheduled in S Korea where they're going to announce the US release of the GS2 and an updated version of the Tab. The president Shin, didn't give a date for the event, if I remember correctly. I do remember reading that he mentioned it in the interview when he talked about the GS2 August US release.

If anyone knows the date of the event, please feel free to mention it! lol
    Why would they launch the US versions in South Korea? Last year they launched in New York, I believe.
    07-29-2011 03:46 PM
    They were going to have an event back in like May or June. It got cancelled last minute. I was under the impression that happened because it would hurt sales of the Droid Charge and Samsung Infuse if they annonced what is essentially beefier versions of the phones.
    07-29-2011 04:14 PM
    They were going to have an event back in like May or June. It got cancelled last minute. I was under the impression that happened because it would hurt sales of the Droid Charge and Samsung Infuse if they annonced what is essentially beefier versions of the phones.
    Yeah, I remember that. I wonder if it was, in fact, for the GSII in the US. I guess they see now as a reasonable amount of time in between launches.
    07-29-2011 04:20 PM
    Why would they launch the US versions in South Korea? Last year they launched in New York, I believe.
    I thought that was weird too, but that's what Shin said during the interview when he mentioned the August release. That's just what I read, or maybe I misunderstood. That's entirely possible! lol <edit> I just looked it up and I did misunderstand. I just read an article from a more reputable source and it only said that Shin made the announcement during the launch event of the Tab 10.1. I guess I read an article from a not so reliable source. I'm so new to all this that I can't tell what's going on. Afterall, I've been stuck on a Blackberry for 7 years. lol
    07-29-2011 09:40 PM
    I thought that was weird too, but that's what Shin said during the interview when he mentioned the August release. I'm sure if I google it I can find it since it's been posted practically everywhere. I was thinking that he decided to announce it then because he was also going to announce the global launch of the Tab 10.1. He said he'd do them both at the same time. I don't know. Maybe it'll change. That's just what I read, or maybe I misunderstood. That's entirely possible! lol
    Think you can try and find that article or something along the lines? I'm interested in seeing what he said.
    07-29-2011 09:51 PM
    Shouldn't there be an event by Samsung first before any carrier announces the SGSII? Since it'll be on multiple carriers (and they did this last year) won't there be a party in NYC with a bunch of bloggers in wrinkled button-up shirts and techno pumping as the only two chick-bloggers hide behind an ice sculpture hiding from the Engadget guys (they think they're so cool with their 5 o'clock shadows, grow a real beard! Right Jerry?)?

Especially seeing how Samsung just sent out those little telescopes to people I figuring they are going to have a bash somewhere with a telescope. It would be cool if it was at the Griffith Observatory here in L.A. But I'm sure there's a telescope or planetarium somewhere in NYC.
    Since a lot of you know how Samsung works, what does this telescope thing mean? Will it be here in a few days, weeks, the end of August? I want this phone! lol
    07-29-2011 10:00 PM
    Since a lot of you know how Samsung works, what does this telescope thing mean? Will it be here in a few days, weeks, the end of August? I want this phone! lol
    The telescope is a marketing thing for "buzz".

Fear not Tunie. I personally think AT&T will be releasing it's variant (Attain or whatever it end up getting called) some time in the last two weeks of August. It may end up being the first US carrier to release it, but I think AT&T and Sprint will be very close on release dates. We could get a surprise out of Verizon too, who's variant still hasn't received the FCC stamp but might soon.
    07-30-2011 02:54 AM
    Keep in mind that Samsung and Sprint have a large co-sponsored music event the first week of August I believe....sounds like a great announcement time to me?
    07-30-2011 06:48 AM
    The telescope is a marketing thing for "buzz".

Fear not Tunie. I personally think AT&T will be releasing it's variant (Attain or whatever it end up getting called) some time in the last two weeks of August. It may end up being the first US carrier to release it, but I think AT&T and Sprint will be very close on release dates. We could get a surprise out of Verizon too, who's variant still hasn't received the FCC stamp but might soon.
    I hope so. I sooooo hope so! I decided to ignore the blogs and opinions out there and just rely on AndroidCentral. The information here is always better than what I read out there. I just want to take a hammer to my Blackberry. I'm trying to think of the most rewarding and entertaining way I can demolish it! I've settled on chucking it into the street and capturing the explosion on video! That way I can play it in slow motion and enjoy watching it explode as it hits the pavement over and over and over! I may even post it on YouTube! Hmmm...reading this over makes me wonder about me :-) I so hope the S2 arrives sooner than later...
    07-31-2011 01:42 AM
    Keep in mind that Samsung and Sprint have a large co-sponsored music event the first week of August I believe....sounds like a great announcement time to me?
    That sounds like a perfect time! They wouldn't do two events in one month, would they? If not, then this has to be it. So close...so very close lol
    07-31-2011 01:48 AM
    I just came across information on 2 events. One supposedly on Aug 3 unveiling TouchWiz UX for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and one August 11. Here's the evite I found. Is this for real? I can't post any pictures because I use Flickr, so I posted the link to the picture in my photo album there.

Samsung Event Aug 11 Announce New products
    07-31-2011 02:04 AM
    thats from last year. the 11th falls on a thursday this year
    07-31-2011 09:15 AM
    thats from last year. the 11th falls on a thursday this year
    I guess I'm anticipating the S2 release more than I realized! So I guess it's the 3rd we're waiting for. It seems like forever.
    08-02-2011 04:26 AM
    I guess I'm anticipating the S2 release more than I realized! So I guess it's the 3rd we're waiting for. It seems like forever.
    Sometimes anticipation can make one dig for information that isn't really there.

I'm a bit doubtful that Sprint or Samsung will make an official announcement at the Kanrocksas music festival. They're just corporate sponsors and they ran a ticket giveaway promotion for purchasing and activating a phone during July. Also, they'll have a booth at the event described as ...

Samsung Mobile and Sprint will host a special area during the festival, featuring charging stations, entertainment, device demos and phone activation areas. Both sponsors are also working closely with the Kanrocksas team to create interactive web/social media experiences and photography destinations. Live streaming, create your own music installations and exclusive artist content that will magnify and expand the experience of the major two-day festival.
    I guess it would be possible for them to have a demo Sprint SGS2 at the event, but it would surprise me if Sprint hadn't already made the official announcement on their website (should be any day now!).
    08-02-2011 11:10 AM
    what is that object posted by phil in post #2?
    08-02-2011 01:41 PM
    what is that object posted by phil in post #2?
    It's a UFO sent during last years promotion of the original Galaxy S.
    yankdez likes this.
    08-02-2011 02:31 PM
    What is the event samsung is hosting tomorrow? Is it possible that they will include the galaxy s2 as well???

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    08-02-2011 04:10 PM
    Sometimes anticipation can make one dig for information that isn't really there.
    <giggling> That's so true, at least for me! In the midst of work, I do a quick google off and on and -apparently- latch on to anything that looks remotely like S2 release info:-) My brain function drops a few points and I lose all sensibility. How embarrassing So now, I'm leaving the accurate info to all you experts in here.:-) After all, coming from a Blackberry, I know I don't know anything that matters when it comes to Android, much less, Samsung phones. lol

I just wish some authority, somewhere, would say something definitive about the release. I don't even think Shin was definitive. Didn't he say something like it's "expected" to be released in the US in August? Does that mean it -might- not be released in August since he wasn't definitive? I'm just worried that I won't see this phone until Sept. because it makes me consider waiting for the Nexus Prime (I think it's called) so I can compare them. I should stop. I'm pretty sure I can smell my brain burning lol
    08-03-2011 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD