Well, since it looks like AT&T is going to get a slide out keyboard version of the S2, does anyone know what Samsung keyboards are like? The only thing I like about my old Blackberry is the keyboard, though it doesn't really matter that much because the phone has to work in order to use the keyboard lol But, has Samsung produced keyboards before? Were they good to use? I don't normally go for sliders but, with a slide out keyboard, I'd get more usable space on the screen. Plus, when I tried the Atrix and Infuse, I was keyboard challenged with both. Since I know absolutely nothing about Samsung phones, I'd love to know what everyone thinks about this iteration of the phone. Does it destroy the thin profile, weight and general styling of the phone? Will it be clunky? Will it break easier?
    08-03-2011 03:48 PM
    Actually the initial rumor that AT&T's Galaxy SII has a slide out keyboard has been refuted.

http://www.androidcentral.com/leaked...-know-and-love

To summarize, current theory is that AT&T will be getting a Samsung slider at some point, but also a Galaxy SII variant that will be a touch screen device like the original. From what I've been able to gather, it seems like all 3 major carriers will be getting a Samsung slider in addition to their individualized Galaxy SII version.

Regarding your keyboard question, hopefully others can answer that as I haven't used a Samsung slider. My aging Palm Pre has a physical keyboard, but it's portrait style which i don't think any manufacturers are doing anymore.
    08-03-2011 04:22 PM
    Thank you.:-) Darn...no matter what I do, I end up with old information. I thought I read this in an article that was just published in the last few days. I'm such a twit with this Android stuff... So, it could (?) be an S2 or it's definitely not an S2? Am I just a little confused? lol

I guess a lot of people hate the idea of slider, and I was never really a fan, but I really had a terrible time trying to adjust to the touch screen keyboard on the Atrix and Infuse coming from Blackberry. I really don't think I want a slider, but it would be great to know how well Samsung keyboards work, if they've ever made a phone with one. It seems like a lot of people are leaving RIM for Android, so I think the idea of a slider might be appealing for some.
    08-04-2011 02:05 AM
    So, it could (?) be an S2 or it's definitely not an S2? Am I just a little confused?
    The only thing definite at this point, is that nothing is definite.
    08-04-2011 11:12 AM
    Does anyone know if this is going to happen any time soon. ??? I would really love a SGS2 with a slider in the UK

Cheers

EN4
    08-21-2011 06:58 AM
    H
    Does anyone know if this is going to happen any time soon. ??? I would really love a SGS2 with a slider in the UK

Cheers

EN4
    I have no idea...sorry. I don't think anything is for sure involving this phone.
    08-23-2011 10:10 PM
    I really want a Samsung smartphone with a slider keyboard....
    08-29-2011 01:40 PM
    I'll have to check it out first, but I think I do to. It would be great to be able to exploit the 4.5" display instead of losing over half of it to a touch keyboard. I just don't know what Samsung's reputation is regarding the quality of their keyboards. I never bought a slider because I thought there were too many things that could go wrong with it. Burned by Blackberry I guess. Software issues can be remedied with patches. Hardware issues, I'd be stuck with.
    08-29-2011 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD