Saw an update from the Samsung Mobile USA Facebook page today.

Hey Guys, we know you are always looking for news on updates & new releases, so everyday check here at 3 pm, and we'll send out all the latest and greatest on your favorite phones and tabs!

A user then posted this comment on the post:

ok.....so where is the 3pm update for today?...ohhhhhh, THIS was it. Typical. Once again, no news for the faithful followers. Makes sense.

To which Samsung Mobile USA replied:

Hi Erik, this was just an announcement. Please check back tomorrow. THANKS!

Could this maybe be the announcement we've all been waiting for?

Source: Samsung Mobile USA Facebook Page
    08-08-2011 03:28 PM
    I hope so! Although I really don't like the idea of the "Samsung Hercules", I wish it was like the original, but who knows...
    08-08-2011 03:44 PM
    i hope so but i have a feeling that it's just "hey we're just going to be updating our facebook at twitter at 3pm from now on"

please let me be wrong
    08-08-2011 05:11 PM
    i hope so but i have a feeling that it's just "hey we're just going to be updating our facebook at twitter at 3pm from now on"

please let me be wrong
    It seems like you're right, because it says everyday check here.

Edit: Well that announcement was only a Galaxy Tab update. Hopefully they have more announcements soon...
    08-08-2011 05:33 PM
    Today their update was posting a link to the Engadget review of the GSII. >_> At least we know that Samsung Mobile USA is planning to release the GSII soon (duh; but I guess technically no US carrier has officially confirmed a US release? We only have the source from Samsung's CEO in Korea).

Samsung Updates: Hey guys, in anticipation of the Galaxy S IIs release in the USA, you might want to check out Engadgets review:
    08-10-2011 09:29 PM
    Hmm, if they're saying to check out the review of a global version. People guessing that the specs will be different might be wrong. Wouldn't make sense to link to something that wouldn't match what they are going to release.
    08-10-2011 11:18 PM
    True, they shouldn't be linking it, sorta misleading. But that means they're getting ready for launch soon. Only time will tell.
    08-11-2011 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD