I've been usimg the Infuse and and absolutely ~love~ the 4.5" display. I can't believe AT&T shrinking it down to 4.3" while Sprint made it bigger! I hate AT&T. I'm so sick of them messing up perfectly fine phones. I know 4.5" is too big for some, but it's perfect for me. I'll have to play with the S2 to see how much of a difference it makes to me. I may end up at Sprint. Their network can't be any more unreliable than AT&T's network. AT&T...argh!
    08-30-2011 08:03 PM
    I've been usimg the Infuse and and absolutely ~love~ the 4.5" display. I can't believe AT&T shrinking it down to 4.3" while Sprint made it bigger! I hate AT&T. I'm so sick of them messing up perfectly fine phones. I know 4.5" is too big for some, but it's perfect for me. I'll have to play with the S2 to see how much of a difference it makes to me. I may end up at Sprint. Their network can't be any more unreliable than AT&T's network. AT&T...argh!
    Haha I can see where you're coming from tunie. But our Galaxy S2 is...well a galaxy s2. They were always 4.3 inches. No shrinkage there but only stretching with other carriers. I'm just thankful we got the closest thing to the S2 that made us all go gaga. I don't mean the one with the meat dress either. The attain just looks all around more premium. If you're truely used to 4.5 for a screen then the carrier jump is inevitable, but if you are locked into AT&T grandfathering then is 2/10's of an inch worth it? Plus remember, wimax still isn't everywhere and from what I've came across(but correct me if I'm wrong) they have no intent to build out 4g more until the focus on future LTE. What are your AT&T hspa+ speeds look like where you're located with the Infuse? Also with all those radios (I believe 6 from FCC filing) in the Epic touch 4g it's to early to say what battery life will be like between our version and Sprint's. These are all just food for thought
    08-30-2011 09:07 PM
    I actually prefer the 4.3 over the 4.5...the infuse was just too big.
    08-30-2011 09:33 PM
    Trust me, you'll be fine with it.
    08-30-2011 09:49 PM
    Yeah... 4.3 is fine. Like Broheemster stated, it didn't shrink!

They made it almost identical to the European version!
    08-30-2011 10:02 PM
    See what he said thar Tunie? The Phil has spoken heh heh Oh Phil, were you guys allowed to shoot video footage giving these phones a test run? Or just strictly picture?
    08-30-2011 10:03 PM
    Haha I can see where you're coming from tunie. But our Galaxy S2 is...well a galaxy s2. They were always 4.3 inches. No shrinkage there but only stretching with other carriers. I'm just thankful we got the closest thing to the S2 that made us all go gaga. I don't mean the one with the meat dress either. The attain just looks all around more premium. If you're truely used to 4.5 for a screen then the carrier jump is inevitable, but if you are locked into AT&T grandfathering then is 2/10's of an inch worth it? Plus remember, wimax still isn't everywhere and from what I've came across(but correct me if I'm wrong) they have no intent to build out 4g more until the focus on future LTE. What are your AT&T hspa+ speeds look like where you're located with the Infuse? Also with all those radios (I believe 6 from FCC filing) in the Epic touch 4g it's to early to say what battery life will be like between our version and Sprint's. These are all just food for thought
    I am on unlimited with AT&T, but they throttle me at 10G and I can't use it for a tablet so, is it really unlimited? They're all a bunch of creeps. I'm sure Sprint is no better. For me, using a 4.5" display has been heaven, especially after my wonderful 2.5" Blackberry screen with absolutely no resolution (and no ring by the way:-) Coming from a physical keyboard, it was a little bit of a challenge to get used to a touch screen keyboard, but the larger screen helped ease the pain. I get that little extra which was important to me when half my screen is taken up with a keyboard. I read an article that said the S2 was launching with a 4.5" display. I should know better than to read anything, much less repeat it.

I don't know what speeds I get on my Infuse, but it's light years faster than my Blackberry so, for me, it's on another level. For all of you Androidiacs, it's probably slow.:-) I feel like I went from a Ford Fiesta to a Ferrari Testarossa.:-)

I just can't understand why manufacturers are held prisoner by telecoms in this country. How did this happen? Did our government set this up? I hate them.:-)

Ok, I'm done ranting. Shoot, I'm so disappointed.
    08-30-2011 11:56 PM
    I'm sure I won't notice a big difference. I just wish they'd let the manufacturers, manufacture, so we can have more choices.
    08-31-2011 12:03 AM
    Coming from a physical keyboard, it was a little bit of a challenge to get used to a touch screen keyboard, but the larger screen helped ease the pain. I get that little extra which was important to me when half my screen is taken up with a keyboard.
    Use SwiftKey X keyboard, I really recommend you, its a great keyboard and you will not miss physical keyboard

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk
    08-31-2011 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD