Switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S 2, Unlimited Data Plan

TheBaconKing

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Currently I have an iPhone 4, and just ordered by GS2. I plan on keeping the iPhone 4 for a bit in case I don't enjoy the Android System as much as I want to. I purchased an adapter to make the Micro Sim card fit in regular phones.
Amazon.com: AFC Trident Micro SIM Card Adapter for Apple iPad and iPhone 4: Electronics

I am really just curious to if I will be able to keep my Unlimited Data Plan and still be able to use the HSPA+ network here. When I check it online it says that it is the Unlimited iPhone plan, which leads me to believe that it won't. Ohh and I'm on AT&T if that helps.

Thanks in advance for your help!

reg67

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi mate,

I have a SG2 and using an iPhone plan, ours is only 500mg data. Although I am in the uk I think it should be the same.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

netarc

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm also have the AT&T unlimited data plan (grandfathered in), and recently moved to the SG2 - I verified that my unlimited plan DID move over, so you should retain yours.

dokujaryu

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased an unlocked HTC One X (it's in the mail, will be here tomorrow). I'm upgrading from an iPhone 4 with grandfathered unlimited data. I don't plan on even telling AT&T I bought a new phone, however a buddy at work told me that if I stick an iPhone SIM in a different kind of phone, I will start getting text messages from AT&T saying that I am using an iPhone specific plan with a non iPhone. Is this true?

Stang5_o2002

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I was in my local AT&T store about 4 hours ago. I too am using an iPhone 4 and had the same questions. The sales rep told me that if I upgraded (galaxy s2 skyrocket) that my grandfathered unlimited data would carry over and be unchanged. Hope this helps.

PewterL31

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The iphone data plan, will not work with Android phones all u need to do is call in and have them put u on the smartphone unlimited data plan same price as iphone plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

dokujaryu

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So, my iPhone data plan is working, but the phone is constantly switching between 3G and H. I'm going to call them tomorrow about switching the plan code and see if this goes away. The data is working most of the time, but I can't even run Speedtest.net the way it is now.