Photos/Videos to SD Card

Sea-Era

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Galaxy SII (AT&T) a little over a week...
I have an 8G micro SD memory card installed...

Is there a way to set up the camera so that photos will be automatically saved to the SD card instead of the phone?
Or even a way to MOVE photos from the phone/Gallery to the memory card?

Thanks!!

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure they aren't? On most older Android phones, pics always saved to as card natively.

Open to the sd card using a file manager. Look for folder called DCIM. Tap it. Open folder "camera". Should see all your photos. Or, put sd card into a card reader on pc to check photos are there...
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gsainath4u

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. In android the pics are saved to external storage by default.
In SGS2 the default external storage is the inbuilt memory and not the SD card that you install.
The "external_sd" refers to the SD card while the inbuilt storage is simply called "sdcard".

If you still prefer to store your pics to the SD card by default, then change the option in Camera.
In Camera, Settings -> Storage -> Memory Card. This should save the pics directly to SD card in future.

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
to move photos to sd card: go to applications, my files, create a folder on "sdcard" using menu key, then go home, dcim, camera, choose move using menu key, select photos, click move, select folder on sd card, click "move here". :-\

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited: