Stop email deleting from server

TerFar

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi All

I have a new Galaxy S2 with Android 2.3.3. I am using the standard email app to sync with my MSN (Livemail) email account. If I delete an email on my phone, it deletes it from the server (moves it into the deleted items folder).

With my old Galaxy Tab 7 where I am aslo using the standard email app (part of Android 2.2) when I delete an email from the TAB, the email stays in the In Box on the server.

I don't want to delete email from the server, I just want to delete it from my phone. I cannot find a 'leave on the server' setting anywhere. Anyone able to help please?

If the Android app won't let me do this, can someone recommend a decent email app that works properly please.

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
You should be able to log in to your email on the computer and go to settings. There is a setting in there to adjust what happens on the server when making changes to mail on your phone.

BeckaS2

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone provide more information on this? I can't find anywhere in my outlook mail that allows me to change the settings. I need the emails I get from work to stay in my work inbox, but I don't always want them on my phone. Until recently I used a Blackberry, which always provided an option "delete on phone", "delete on server and phone". Is there a way to get these options for the S2? Or at least a way to stop it from deleting on the server?

Luciana Vozza

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I was REALLY annoyed by this issue, as I need to reach my e-mails in very different devices. I don't like to keep my e-mails on the SIII, so when I excluded them in the device, they were excluded from the webmail, even with the webmail configured to keep a permanent copy. Very invasive way to work! So I hid the native e-mail app and installed the K-9 Mail. Now it's working perfectly. As a Blackberry user for the last 5 years, that was an aggravating issue for me.