IceCream Sandwich ROMs for SGSII

funandroid

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a stable Galaxy S II Ice cream Sandwich ROM out there?
Do developers have to wait for Samsung to update the ROM, so that they can use it as a base?
Any thoughts on when SGSII will get ICS love (atleast unofficially)?

funandroid

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I heard about that.. It's going to be a loooong wait.. :(
What about other ROM's like Cyanogen Mod for SGS II?

I read somewhere there was an alpha release for S II.
But, I don't want to take the risk as this is my primary phone.
Hoping to see at least beta version with almost stable release from CM.

funandroid

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I read that. But, according to the comments in that article, users are saying that it crashes very often.
Has anyone tried CM 9 on SGS II yet? They have a "stable" release today with minor known camera bugs.
I just can't wait to try out the ICS anymore. :(

By the way, I have CM 7 now with Androind 2.3.7. I prefer CM 9 over TW. But, whoever comes with a stable ICS release, I'll flash that ROM.:)

mintvilla

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
ive been using cm9 for the GS2 international version for about 10 days now. Since the latest leak on the 31st, CM9 is now very very stable, and very very quick. Theres only 2 main bugs now. The first is theres no usb mass storage, the second is apps cant be installed on the sd card, so apps that try to that from the market (ie big apps) wont download. However if you use mybackuproot, and back up your big apps (apk's only) then once installed you can redownload mybackuproot and restore your big apps, thus getting around that bug. for usb mass storage, theres a MTP option which is kinda naff.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android, and after using Blackberrys for almost 4 years trust me that TW is out of this world for me! I still haven't rooted my Galaxy S II and flashed any ROMs, too noob to brick my shinny new phone. I used to flash my BBs all the time, so it's just a matter of time for me to dig deep in the forums and start tweaking one of the most tweak friendly phones around.

funandroid

May 9, 2011
Visit site
ive been using cm9 for the GS2 international version for about 10 days now. Since the latest leak on the 31st, CM9 is now very very stable, and very very quick. Theres only 2 main bugs now. The first is theres no usb mass storage, the second is apps cant be installed on the sd card, so apps that try to that from the market (ie big apps) wont download. However if you use mybackuproot, and back up your big apps (apk's only) then once installed you can redownload mybackuproot and restore your big apps, thus getting around that bug. for usb mass storage, theres a MTP option which is kinda naff.

According to xda thread, CM9 seems to be stable now. But, looks like the video recording is not working yet.

boggsterman

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android, and after using Blackberrys for almost 4 years trust me that TW is out of this world for me! I still haven't rooted my Galaxy S II and flashed any ROMs, too noob to brick my shinny new phone. I used to flash my BBs all the time, so it's just a matter of time for me to dig deep in the forums and start tweaking one of the most tweak friendly phones around.

Dude, i know how you feel, blackberry was my first and only smartphone until two weeks ago. (i went through an 8900 first, then a 9700) i used to load up leaked OS and hybrids all the time on that but i was scared to do all this Rooting and Flashing etc when i got my hands on my beautiful new SGS2. But it's really not too hard (although my first attempt took me like 4 hours of not getting anywhere!). As soon as you do it right once (which i managed to do for the first time a week ago) it's easy. I'm running codeworx' latest version of CM9 (available on xda-developers dot com) based on 4.0.3 XXKP8 samsung release and it's working well for me, using it as my full-time ROM. There are a couple of things that aren't working yet but overall it's awesome! Give it a shot, or for an easier challenge, try loading CM7.1 on it first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay