-

This phone (Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket) does not have integral voice dialing over Bluetooth. How can they make such a glaring omission??????? I have tried Vlingo in-car mode, but it is horrible.

Has anyone found something that FUNCTIONALLY uses voice commands over Bluetooth with this phone?

Thanks

-
    12-29-2011 11:16 AM
    Yes, I just got off with Samsung support and she did validate that this feature is not available with the Skyrocket. We have both G2 I727 (Skyrocket) and the Galaxy S2 I777(the other Galaxy S2 w/ smaller screen). My voice dialing/command from BT works on the other Galaxy S2. A comparison from the installed widgets shows that I777 has a "Voice Command V 2.3.8" and I believe (after an exhaustive search) is not going to be available on the Skyrocket.
    01-07-2012 09:16 PM
    Yes, I just got off with Samsung support and she did validate that this feature is not available with the Skyrocket. We have both G2 I727 (Skyrocket) and the Galaxy S2 I777(the other Galaxy S2 w/ smaller screen). My voice dialing/command from BT works on the other Galaxy S2. A comparison from the installed widgets shows that I777 has a "Voice Command V 2.3.8" and I believe (after an exhaustive search) is not going to be available on the Skyrocket.
    Just figured it out, there is voice dialing over BT. Install Vlingo and it should have an ""InCar" option that allows you to press the BT voice dial and your phone to respond and wait for your command. You may want to configure such that Vlingo automatically launches once it detects a BT device.
    01-12-2012 10:59 AM
    Just figured it out, there is voice dialing over BT. Install Vlingo and it should have an ""InCar" option that allows you to press the BT voice dial and your phone to respond and wait for your command. You may want to configure such that Vlingo automatically launches once it detects a BT device.
    I have been trying Vlingo for two weeks. It does not work very well. As a matter of fact, it just plain sux. However, it was recently purchased by "Nuance", so hopefully, we will see a 'new & improved' Vlingo coming out in the near future.....

-
    01-12-2012 03:00 PM
    Wow, just received and activated my SGS2 Skyrocket this week and wish I would have found this thread before ever ordering this phone ... this is as much a deal breaker as any feature!!! I tried this on my wife's Samsung Nexus on Verizon and it works as expected!

I've already tried the Vlingo but that doesn't work when my phone is in my pocket or the new holster I bought from Best Buy! Seriously, how could Samsung make such a glaring omission such as this?!?

I finally make the jump from Blackberry after 3 years and a Treo user prior to that and have ALWAYS had the ability to voice dial over BT initiating through the BT headset!

Do I hear this is the same issue on the newer breed of non-Skyrocket GS2's as well?

01-26-2012 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD