I have a very strange issue. I work in an office that gets NO signal what-so-ever (my office used to be a vault.) I can't make calls, send/rcv texts, surf the internet or anything that requires any kind of data or cell reception. So, during the day I simply put my phone in Airplane mode to reserve battery life. I have noticed over the past two days that I am getting a Groupon notification at 10:20 AM. I don't see how this is even possible. Even if my phone were somehow able to get a fleeting signal of some kind, I have Airplane Mode on, Wi-fi off and GPS off, so shouldn't it block out ALL incoming data? I use a profile scheduler so it automatically turns on the Airplane mode for me and when I look at my phone, the Airplane Mode icon is on. I even checked my settings and at this time, Flight Mode is checked. I don't get any other calls/messages.text, just Groupon. Can anybody help me figure out why? Thanks!
    01-18-2012 10:19 AM
    It's likely that the Groupon app has an internal calender of events offers stored up from a earlier sync. These trigger at noon, though they were actually downloaded and saved earlier.
    sandals30 likes this.
    01-18-2012 11:23 AM
    That makes sense! Thanks for helping me out.
    01-18-2012 11:53 AM