Good GPS app with more detail than Google Nav??

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This past week, I was in the Los Angeles area. My sister had a Garmin GPS with traffic updates and I had my Google Nav on my GSII.
My calculated route showed an hour and 15 minutes to arrive, with traffic shown.
Her's showed 45 minutes, also with traffic shown.
But...
Not only was her arrival time better (and accurate), her's rerouted us dynamically to avoid congestion and it worked very well. All the while, my Google Nav never deviated from the original course.
Are there any plugins available for better traffic handling?

What other GPS app is recommended that would give me better traffic re-routing and even lane-assistance? I have not tried the AT&T app as I don't want to pay monthly, but I will be willing to do a one time purchase if the app gives me a more "stand alone GPS" feel.
Thanks!

Duggald

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I recommend CoPilot Live Premium for all that. It's expensive, ($20 for USA pack, thereabouts I think, as I'm guessing you're from the US), but it works, and it works darn well. Atleast, the UK pack does.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I have since found there are several GPS apps out there, each a little different than the other.
Among others, there are:
CoPilot
CoPiliot Live Premium
Sygic Aura
Google Maps
WisePilot
Waze
TeleNAV
Navigon

I'm sure there are more, and will be more in the future...
CoPilot LIve Premium looks pretty good though.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have navigon. It's better than the stock google navigation but has issues with multitasking.
If you task switch out and return, you often lose the destination that you had and have to reenter.
It's also far less flexible on how you search for destinations.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So far, it seems that both Sygic and Waze get turned around easier than Google Nav. If I veer off of the suggested route, it takes a couple tries to get re-routed correctly. One almost has to pull over to allow it to figure out where you are for re-routing purposes on Waze.

I do like the 3D buildings and eye candy of Sygic, and I really like the lane guidance picture-in-picture.

After my Sygic trial is over, I'm going to try out Co-Pilot.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Waze, it works very well for me.

Google Nav does not work in my country. So, this is the only free option I can use.

A local radio talk show started a Waze campaign, and there are hundreds of people using it in my city which means great traffic reports and quick routing around congested streets.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Pretty cool. I do, very much, like that feature about Waze. Having other commuters report is faster than waiting for the radio!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey