Hi just got this great phone unlocked. I m not able toupdate firm from kies. I don t know why s that. I know i can do it from odin, could there be.any problem in the future based on this kies issue? I mean the phone s been obviously flashed or something to get it unlocked...
    Am i being clear?
    Thanks!
    02-18-2012 08:03 PM
    Going to take a shot here as kies can be funny and as kies does download the drivers for you to connect your phone so you may need to go into settings >development and turn off the USB debugging mode as it doesn't work with kies ..
    02-19-2012 04:50 AM
    It was already off.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks
    02-19-2012 09:32 AM
    are you running a stock or custom rom?
    02-19-2012 11:20 AM
    I wouldn't know. I m new to android (ex iphone). I checked if it s rooted using an app from the market and it s not. I used another app to check if i had the latest firm and it said "not the latest and can t upgrade using kies, maybe odin...".

I got the phone new on Friday and i don t know how it was unlocked (not officially unlocked). Also i can't tell if it s using the official rom or some other... Would you help me check.it?

As for me, i did not modify the phone other than downloading apps.
    02-19-2012 01:17 PM
    hmm..ok does you phone have the kies programs on it..if so see if you can use the kies air..
    02-19-2012 01:55 PM
    I do have the kies on it, though i.think i can't upgrade soft with it. Let me double check
    02-19-2012 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD