I am not sure if this is the right spot for this question but I have a Samsung Galaxy SII international edition and I bought a 32gb sd card for it.. I have had this phone since last May when it first came out and I really never noticed this I guess.. But I saw that my phone storage (the 16gb, 11gb after all said and done) has only like 500mb left of space.. So today I was like alright moving pretty much all the apps to the sd card to free up space on my phone.. Well all the apps I moved aren't accessible any longer.. Force crashes and such and won't open them up.. And also when I check my phone storage it stayed the same.. still only 500mb of space left..

I know a lot of the fixes out there are to reformat the sd card and try to install everything again and I have done that.. I also had this problem when I had the Samsung Captivate for a bit.. Just when you install things on the sd card like apps they don't want to work any longer.. Some work ok but others just don't play nice.. Same with if I move videos I have taken with my phone and move them to the sd card they don't work anymore and then I can't even move them back to get them to work.. Is this an android flaw? Before I had the iPhone and I am not a fanboy and really don't ever want one again but that is where they have it right.. Maybe that is why Google is always bringing the Nexus out with no sd card?! Anyways.. Any help, suggestions, fixes or anything in general would be greatly appreciated.. After I hear a couple responses and some tips I will probably just end up wiping my phone clean and starting over and download everything again..

Ps.. This phone isn't rooted.. Thanks in advance
    03-09-2012 03:32 PM
    Try rebooting it if you already haven't
    03-09-2012 05:30 PM
    I tried that.. Not an ounce of help.. Thank you though..
    03-09-2012 08:06 PM
    I assume you've run a disk utility on your SD card to check it for errors and all that. You said you've tried formatting it. Now bear with me (I have no "hands on" with android, and my only smartphone experience is with BB).
    Sometimes with BB's formatting the SD onboard the Blackberry wouldn't work, but formatting the SD on a computer would. Likewise sometimes to fix a stubborn error you'd have to back up your data, wipe the entire device (OS and and all) and re-install a fresh OS (and your data - contacts, calender, etc)

Like I said, I don't have "hands on" with Android (Just reading the forums to learn and ask questions). I dunno. for me I'd run a checkdisk utility on the SD card, back up the important stuff and see if I could freshen up the OS. Then again I could well be barking up the wrong tree. In which case, I appologise for wasting a few minutes of your time!
    bellamyepl likes this.
    03-10-2012 01:28 AM
    No no.. Any replies are good replies and yours was very helpful.. I am going to end up doing what you said and I figured I would have to do it anyways.. I was just wondering if someone has had similar issues.. If it was a android and the sd card not co-existing well and it was a common problem or not.. It makes me not want to even put any apps or anything on the sd card because of this reason.. Unless I could know for sure that it is just an error and can be fixed.. But I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it so I guess that is what I'll be doing on this fine Saturday.. lol..

Thank you for your help.. Here we go..
    03-10-2012 07:12 AM
    I have had the exact same problem. What version of S2 do you have? I have the T989 that is sold by T mobile and Telus in Canada. I don't know of that make a difference from the Verizon version etc. but I just stopped moving my apps to the sd card and it fixed the issue. This is not really a fix but I now don't lose my apps. I did find that when I reinstalled the app all my settings were there. I never had an issue with videos.

I would really like to sort this issue out as well. There have been other posts about other people having the same issue. I never had this problem with my HTC desire so I really thing it could be phone specific. It is not an Android flaw. The benefit of Apple is that they only sell one phone so making it work across their one platform is much easier.
    03-10-2012 09:41 AM
    I've had similar issues with a 32Gb micro-sd card. Once it started to get full (admittedly I went crazy and had over 400 apps loaded) my s2 would go into a reboot loop. As soon as the sd card was scanned on startup, it would just reboot over and over. Battery removal was the only way out.
    Apparently moving apps to sd only moves to internal sd card rather than the 32Gb "external" sd card. I used the System Pan app to move, but on contacting the Dev, was told this is an Android limitation.
    HOWEVER...it seem the the Gemini app does move to external sd. Worked for me, solved my peons...worth a try? Best of luck.
    03-10-2012 03:12 PM
    Try sending a direct message or tweet to @Android on Twitter. Maybe they can help! Good luck!
    03-11-2012 06:19 PM