NEW to ROOTING

colsewell

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi peoples,

I have a galaxy S2 on contract to O2 (UK) i updated the phone recently to android 4.0.3 ICS i wasnt that impressed with it coz of all the touchwiz and all the built in apps etc you get, i've been thinking about rooting my device for awhile . . im wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where i can get the most update and stable ROM from and if my device will be affected with it being on contract . . . and if i need to go back to 4.0.3 how to put that back

Thankyou

beastobadness

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi peoples,

I have a galaxy S2 on contract to O2 (UK) i updated the phone recently to android 4.0.3 ICS i wasnt that impressed with it coz of all the touchwiz and all the built in apps etc you get, i've been thinking about rooting my device for awhile . . im wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where i can get the most update and stable ROM from and if my device will be affected with it being on contract . . . and if i need to go back to 4.0.3 how to put that back

Thankyou

+1

I was exactly the same. O2 UK Galaxy s2 was my first android phone and was on stock GB, same day I rooted with cf-root but stayed stock, was worried I was going to bust my shiny new toy even though I knew rooting would void the warranty.

Then ICS came along, wasn't happy with touchwiz any more, flashed Wanamlite ICS custom rom(v10.6) with NEAK kernel(v2.0.2) and replaced modem from Wanams rom (LPS) with original O2 stock modem(LPR) and never looked back!

Totally stable phone, no bloatware, great battery life/performance mix (about a full days heavy usage with a screen on time of between 5 and 6 hours).

I am not a dev, I'm a self professed noob and I did all this by searching and reading through the xda forums! All of your answers are there, honest I know:D

Just take heed, the methods used can bust your device, can void your warranty and in some cases turn your phone into a bubbling puddle of molten plastic, THE RISK IS YOURS!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk