Sync with Outlook

esuser1

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i am wondering what is the easiest way to sync a samsung galaxy s2 lte hd to outlook. i want all of the info i have on outlook moved to my phone and also want the ability to manage the data from my phone and computer. i also need to be able to reconcile calendar, contacts, and tasks on the computer to the phone.

thanks in advance

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
esuser1 - There's actually a number of options out there. Take a look at SyncDroid.net to see what I mean. They have a list of most, if not all, of the tools that will sync Outlook to Android. Depending on what and how you want to sync, you'll find some will work for you and others won't.

Our own solution, CompanionLink for Outlook will do what you're asking for, and more. It comes with a 2 week free trial, so feel free to check it out here. And hey, if you do decide to pick it up, let me know and I'll set you up with a code for $10 off. ;)

- David

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually I use companionlink. I tried the google outlook plugin and things went bananas...
I'm back on companionlink. Honestly, I think it's awesome..... and no, I don't work for those guys.

Just thought I'd offer some unbiased feedback.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never tried the Kies approach but I had to sync my corporate exchange account with my google account. I'm not sure Kies will do that.
In any case, the sync characteristic was more stable with Companionlink. Everything else I tried had various "issues". Some were minor and some were not. This was the best solution that I was able to find.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

umdur man

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Myphoneexplorer. Free App. Minimal issues. Almost flawless. Syncs calendar, contacts and tasks (and files, but I don't bother with that option).

Only niggle I had was that it was running over wifi, and as I had more than one wifi network "available" to me and I had phone and computer on different networks I was confused why sometimes it works and other times it just wouldn't... Took a loooong time before I realised my stooopid mistake and made sure they were both on the same wifi network.

Since then zero issues.

lcdata1701

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Myphoneexplorer. Free App. Minimal issues. Almost flawless. Syncs calendar, contacts and tasks (and files, but I don't bother with that option).

Only niggle I had was that it was running over wifi, and as I had more than one wifi network "available" to me and I had phone and computer on different networks I was confused why sometimes it works and other times it just wouldn't... Took a loooong time before I realised my stooopid mistake and made sure they were both on the same wifi network.

Since then zero issues.

Which settings are you using for the Outlook sync - two-way, I presume?
Also, do you have a Facebook account included, and if so did it integrate fairly well?

dimov000

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
As already said Kies does the job and even more than great. Depending of which app you use for your mail you can make a choice. If you work with a lot of mailaccounts and with MS Office and with combinations of pop and gmail accounts etc.....then kaiten mail in combination with Kies works great and reliable.

From a sunny Holland....

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P1000 met Tapatalk

notanoldguy

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon Bionic, bought Jan 2012. I was able to download an app to sync MS Outlook 2010 including Outlook, Notes, Calendar (being based in the EU) they call it appointments. It does exactly what I want. And I looked for a program to do just this for over a year. No Cloud, No Google, No MS. Easy to sync from phone to PC or PC to phone, either USB, Bluetooth [although I?ve only used USB so far]. I?ve been using it for work and personal for 6months without any hassle. And it?s free.

Search Google for FJ Software Development. It will pull up their site for MyPhoneExplore1.8.2.
Follow directions. If I did it without help, so can you!!

You may have a different phone but they say this app will work with all of them.

joyandme

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I tried all of these and none of them worked properly. I found and purchased Android Sync and it was great the first time. The second time in Outlook it removed all info in contact records except email and phone. ???? I tried to resync but same. I went back to backups in Outlook and it deleted ALL my contacts. So I typed back in 147 records in Outlook. There were 0 contacts showing on HTC Vivid. I resynced Outlook to Vivid. Then there were DUPLICATES! How could there be 0 and then duplicates??? This is driving me crazy, not to mention killing my time!

I want to sync from Outlook to Android via USB only without using Google or any cloud or wifi services.:confused:

HELP!

JonDavid

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Used Companionlink on my Razr Maxx. Got multiple duplicate and it moved all of my annual occurences - birthdays, etc. to the day before and changed them from all day to 7A to 8A. Synced my wife's Galaxy 3 and it changed all of her appointments to 3 day events. Made her cry. I am looking for something else.

rushgreen

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I find these conversations mind boggling. I have just upgraded to an android phone (galaxy s2) from a blackberry. All I want to do is get my emails on my phone and respond to them when I am travelling. My PC runs outlook. Keis does not sync emails, nor do most of the other solutions provided and quite frankly, if I had wanted to be a techie and know how to do everything i wold have trained as one. Instead, I have multi-billion $ organisations churning out products that don't have the basic functionality of being able to talk to different systems. Why do we put up with this rubbish?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol