My galaxy wont charge

murf1992cm

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My galaxy will not charge. I don't know if it's the charger port or not. But It's not the charger, as I've gotten two new chargers as well as tried friends chargers. I have to place them in at a certain angle and apply a certain amount of pressure for it to charge, and even when I do this it will only charge for a few minutes then die again. Could anyone tell me how I go about fixxing this? I don't have a warranty on the phone :/

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My galaxy will not charge. I don't know if it's the charger port or not. But It's not the charger, as I've gotten two new chargers as well as tried friends chargers. I have to place them in at a certain angle and apply a certain amount of pressure for it to charge, and even when I do this it will only charge for a few minutes then die again. Could anyone tell me how I go about fixxing this? I don't have a warranty on the phone :/

Completely sounds like your charging port is failing. As it is now you're doing tricks to get it to charge then it stops. I'd take it to the store and let them replace it.

If that's not doable you may want to consider getting yourself another battery/charger and just switch batteries when necessary.
Tappin' from my SGP 5.0

murf1992cm

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Well.. I was wondering how much you think it would cost to get it fixxed at a phone repair shop or whatever. I would hate to see what T-Mobile is going to charge me to fix it.

makaveli28

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I would try cleaning out the charging port. I had a few issues with mine where it wasn't charging great and it would try and go into driving mode. I used some compressed air and cleaned it out and haven't had any problems since. I have had the GS2 since June of 2011 so its had some good use. ( I have the UK i9100 )

Eltedro

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having similar issues I have the tmobile version I eBay search a replacement but I don't know if wielding is involved?! Help plz?

finsarg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have just had this same problem. Charged fine then suddenly wouldn't charge with any charger.

I fixed it by chewing the end of a toothpick to make it like a brush and using it to clean the charge port on the phone (took the battery out first).

Took 10 seconds and works sweet as.

Good luck.

Amy Singh

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
try taking out the battery for a while. then just make sure that your charger and the part on your phone that you plug the charger into is clean. if that doesn't work try using a different out-lite or try switching chargers
good luck

volleyballchic

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same exact problem with my samsung galaxy attain 4g. i even bought a new battery and other things that never worked. the problem is that the charging port is too worn out. if you don't have a warranty i wouldn't suggest taking it to get it fixed/replaced. it would cost too much. i have just bought a "battery charger" for the phone instead of replacing it and paying all the money and it actually works better than the regular charger worked! i did not know for sure if that was the problem but i took a chance and i was right. since i had already purchased a new battery, (thinking that the battery had died and that was the problem) it works perfectly because i can be charging them off and on. so i can always have an extra battery on hand and ready when i need it! the only down part about it is if you have a case that is hard to get on and off, i wouldn't suggest putting it on while you're charging the battery!!! also, i've tried everything else in the book such as cleaning out the charger port with things and all that, but i'm gonna' save you time and just tell you now. all you can do is use a battery charger. you can buy these battery chargers on ebay.com or amazon.com or local stores possibly. i ordered mine off amazon.com for only $11.45 ($2.00 shipping). so, i am pretty convinced that you're phone battery port is just too worn out. (this can happen a month after you buy your phone to 10 years after you buy your phone.) it has no set date.

hope this helps!!!!! :)

Last edited:

pablobabyy

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
omg i had this same problem and was seriously just looking for a new phone and realized I couldn't afford it. I started googling and found this, tried it, phone is back up and running thank you!

Georgia Craig

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
the guy that said to clean it out has been really helpful, thank you so much ! my real charger stopped working and i had to do all the tricks and stuff and then eventually i gave up on it and started using the USB charger.. that just stopped working about an hour ago. ive been searching for answers on the internet ever since. your answer is the only one that has helped me ! thank you thank you thank you !!!!! :p

Marrie Yang

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
My stupid phone wont work and yeah its at the end of my life! Srry yes im only 12 and u guys might think im too young to have one but 12 is the new 21.

Shun Jackson

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone will charge 100% fully and then shut off at at any percent as if the battery is dead 0%. Soon as I put it on charge and my phone comes back on, the battery never reads as if it was dead at all. What's wrong with It?

Asad Malik3

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi every one i have a sgs2 itx shown charing but but wont store the power same times its revers the battery percentage on charging like 15% to 10% what i can do and now its nt power on and wont charing

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi every one i have a sgs2 itx shown charing but but wont store the power same times its revers the battery percentage on charging like 15% to 10% what i can do and now its nt power on and wont charing

Sounds like you need a new battery as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Asad Malik3

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you need a new battery as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

i tried a new battery which is 80% charged but it percentage gona reversed on charging mean only charging show but couldnt store battery drains on charging like i normaly use phone with out charging

kysmommy

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a samaung galaxy proclaim and mine did that it got to the point where my battery was swelled up and was about to explode you need a new battery and it will fix it.

Amey Richards

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
my friend sent his S2 to get fixed, they worked o it for 5 days and told him the phone had a 20% chance of working. The guy was going to charge him 100.00 for it.