Android Version: 2.3.6
    Baseband Version:I9100GDDLK1
    Kernel Version: dpi@DELL130#2
    Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XWLC2

Internal Storage:16GB
    MicroSD Card: 16GB (Class 10)
    ROM/Device Memory:2GB (2015MB)

Problem:Last couple of days getting a message that "Low Device memory "

I downloaded utility "Disk usage" from Google play and here are the finding:

App Storage:

Total Space: 2015MB
    System Data: 1623MB
    Free Space:180 MB

My phone is not rooted and I do not want to root it either.

My Questions are:

1). How should I avoid getting this message of Low Device memory? I have moved all the possible application to 16 USB Storage(which can be moved by apps2SD) and I have cleared cache/data.Slight improvement of 20MB. I have also deleted some application/Games.Earlier I hardly had 15 applications. I do install some apps and games and then uninstall them.

2). Is this 2GB a separate storage or just a partition on 16GB internal memory?

3). Is there a way to increase the Memory of 2GB to say 4GB so as to allow more space and installation of application? By the way of creating partition?

4). Any other insight to optimize 2GB memory?

5). Currently System date is 1623MB (with 2GB)? Is there a way to clean this ? How can I see what forming the major part of 1623MB?

6). There is Samsung update via Kies for ICS upgrade and its size is 220 MB.But I have lesser memory on device. Will i be able to install this update with low memory? Should I go for factory reset to gain some on 2GB?

Appreciate your quick response.

05-30-2012 01:14 PM
    This message is a often coming up message and means that you have to clean up your memory or background tasks. With me cleaning up my mailboxes and gmail account did the job.
    Another solution is to use a cleaning app.

06-02-2012 11:53 AM