Some questions about my handset..

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I have Android ICS installed into device and I thank of yours suggestions.

1) Why when I use an app, for example Astro and I copy many files, and I go on desktop or I use another app the first app doesn't stay in background?

2) How can I do to change my external sd of my Samsung S2 with another bigger? I have copied all files but new sd doesn't restore my apps installed into device!

3) I used to write throught Slide Keybord app and often I tap the microphone symbol to launch the voice recognition and for about 20% times the phrase, even if recognized, is not written. Why is it happen?

4) Sometimes my S2 restart or crash itself. When I bought the handset I installed many apps by backup file generated throuht Mybackup Pro on my old Htc Desire Hd. I don't know if the cause of these failures is due to my old recovery. But I' m sure that the upgrade to ICS has caused more frequent crashes.

5) If I restore the factory setting which app can I use for save apps installed and ALL settings?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 GT- I9100 using Tapatalk

BCwrangler

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
it sounds like you're needing a reset...I wouldn't be surprised if your backup files from your Desire had setting files specifically for that phone in them and maybe causing conflicts with your S2 or your apps that you saved are old versions that aren't ICS friendly

Reactions: umby75fg

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes the best way is to start clean. I recently bought a 32GB Scan Disk class 10 card for my S2. I have the Slovakian ICS firmware installed via Odin and I did a full restore and everything is working fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: umby75fg

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I actually am hesitant and afraid for the full reset because I installed many apps into smartphone and related settings..
Just thinking about reinstallations, reconfigurations, etc. I already accuse severe headaches! That's why asked you an efficient app to backup and restore all the fastest and best way possible.
For the issue of Astro and its background now I can tell that it was a specific limitation of that program because, for example, through of File Expert app (available into Play Store) it is held into memory even when I press menu or back keys (it can only exit by program pressing the proper "exit" key into program).
For the second matter I replaced the sd card copying before all programs from my old sd card to phone memory and formatting the new sd card on phone. (Now I no longer transferred apps to sd card because someone suggested me to leave them in phone memory being more reliable for overall functioning of the phone).
For third issue I continue to have its and sometimes is boring say and repeat the same phrases until its writing is made.
I don't know if it is caused by SlideIT Keyboard installed on my phone..
The reboots of fourth issue are more frequent now, perhaps due at some last updates of some app..
If I can read the log and above all I learn to understand it this should be crucial to identify and solve the problem. Or not?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 GT- I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital