Hello,

I'm new here, and want to share my experience with the upgrade policy, i'll try to make it short and use bullet points:
    1. November 2011 - acquisition of Samsung Galaxy SII - Gingerbread 2.3.3, no problems with Kies

February 2012 read a lot about Android, got magazines etc....
    1. March/April 2012 try to understand wether ICS 4.0 is available or not in Belgium (simlock free device)

May 2012: try o use Kies for software upgrade Kies announces "this device cannot etc......'
    contacted samsung Belgium @twitter : their advice "get to a service center and have a hard reset performed"
    June 2012 after some doubts contacted a service center - no response..... except tey were temporarily closed
    July 2012 contacted another service center, brought my device and got a phone call the same day - device ok, upgraded to ICS 4.0.3

Aug 2012/SEP 2012 trying to get mountain lion, no problem, but .... Kies does not wordk anymore
    tested and followed most advices from forums ..... and today it was a success with android central

My question is now: How to upgrade to Jelly Bean? and /or is rooting better ??

Read you soon!

Jeff
    09-22-2012 04:59 AM
    I personally have rooted my phone in the past. Unless you want to install custom ROMs, I wouldn't recommend it. I had a few problems with my phone (stability and compatibility issues) when it was rooted. I'm running stock ICS now and things are fine now that it's not rooted. I would wait for the stock Jellybean update. It's not worth the risk as far as security issues are concerned, in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    10-25-2012 01:02 PM