Pocket Answering... how do I keep the screen locked during incoming calls?

Essobie

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It seems like my phone started doing this only in the last couple of months, and while I receive very few actual calls on my phone, when I do, I find myself pocket answering (since I keep the phone screen in in my front pocket, and when the phone rings, the screen unlocks and accepts my left thigh as randomly either accepting or rejecting the call).

What I want to happen is that when I get an incoming call, the phone rings, but the screen remains off and locked. The only way to answer is to take the phone out of my pocket, unlock the screen, and then decide whether to answer or reject.

Is this possible? If so, how? I'm not rooted. Samsung GS2 T-Mobile. I'm using GoLauncher as a launcher, but nothing fancy as a lock screen or anything.

Thanks for any help!

tinyfireball

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem on my razr i. Although I have seen plenty of discussion about it, I have found only annoying, inappropriate advice like use a case or don't carry the phone in your pocket. Pocket answering is, in my opinion, a severe problem for Android, probably since the Apple court victory that makes slide to unlock their property. There must be lots of people with this problem. Google should deal with it.

Hopefully, there is a creative developer out there who can find a way around this frustrating, poor functional design. I use the EZanswer app that allows me to answer with the volume button. But the screen still remains active until I press the button. By then the chances are that I've accidentally rejected or silenced the call.

Peter Steier

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, yes, I know this is an old thread... but nevertheless the one google finds and still without answer.

Here the first answer on the web:
Install Tasker from Google Play, create a scene without any further contents, produce a task to show this scene as overlay, blocking, fullscreen, with exit button, and then a profile to run on state call, incoming performing this task.

More beautiful scenes are possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user