Problem with upgrading to JB.

Simon Stauch

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, am having problems with the firmware update to JB. I get a message on Kies saying "New firmware is availble". But when I press the firmware update button a box appears in the middle of the screen, the main screen greys out, but the smaller screen does nothing at all, it just hangs... left it for 30min and nothing happens. Does anybody know what to do?? Thanks in advance.

bobdoblo

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Have you thought about using custom ROM like NeatROM which has everything stock has?
It is identical to stock but you get little tweaks under the hood for a smoother, faster phone with better battery life. There are many mods if you want to personalise it too.
Head over, you will get all the help you need, we are a very friendly and helpful bunch, not like most other threads on xda. ;)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24156315

*NeatROM*

onick

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
You can try uninstall and reinstall Kies, then try to upgrade firmware. If that fails, you can always upgrade to stock JB without kies by downloading the appropriate official samsung release from sammobile, and flash your phone with odin. here is the official Rom for your phone.

Stock Jelly Bean Rom from Vodafon, Ireland Download it, then flash your phone using the tutorial below. I followed it to flash my S2 to jelly bean for the first time.

Tutorial on how to flash your ROM