I recently upgraded from an HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon to a Straight Talk SGS2. However, I really can't stand the text message interface. I prefer the interface from the Thunderbolt. Is there a way for me to get the Thunderbolt texting system/program on my SGS2? The Thunderbolt system saved shortcuts (type "wer[space]" to get "we're") and commonly used words and used them in the autocorrect/suggestion pane. The SGS2 doesn't do that, no matter how many times I type and choose "yup", it changes it to "up" every time. I've not found an editable word list either, which the Thunderbolt had. Can anyone help me out with this?

I also liked how if I typed a word and hit space, and autocorrect changed it, I could hit backspace once and it would revert back to what I typed. When I back up on the SGS2, it doesn't fix the word, it acts as if I am writing a whole new word at the end of the text already there.
    03-21-2013 02:55 PM
    I recently upgraded from an HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon to a Straight Talk SGS2. However, I really can't stand the text message interface. I prefer the interface from the Thunderbolt. Is there a way for me to get the Thunderbolt texting system/program on my SGS2? The Thunderbolt system saved shortcuts (type "wer[space]" to get "we're") and commonly used words and used them in the autocorrect/suggestion pane. The SGS2 doesn't do that, no matter how many times I type and choose "yup", it changes it to "up" every time. I've not found an editable word list either, which the Thunderbolt had. Can anyone help me out with this?

I also liked how if I typed a word and hit space, and autocorrect changed it, I could hit backspace once and it would revert back to what I typed. When I back up on the SGS2, it doesn't fix the word, it acts as if I am writing a whole new word at the end of the text already there.
    Your only option is to download a 3d party SMS app like Chomp, Go SMS and etc. The stock messanger is part of each manufacturer's UI. HTC has what they call Sense and Samsung has Touchwiz.
    taraji likes this.
    03-21-2013 10:11 PM