Hi there! If anyone can help I'll be suuuuuuper grateful.

Yesterday evening, my phone ran out of battery. When I turned it on again I tried to send a text message but I couldn't open the messaging application. So when I pressed the message icon on the home screen, it went black and then returned to the home screen. When I've tried afterwards, it sometimes gives me a message along the lines of "processcom.messaging.android needs to close" -- i can't remember it exactly but it's something like that - it only flashes up and then goes.

Any ideas what I can do? People have told me they've sent me text messages but I'm not getting any notifications and can't open the messages at all. I use my phone for texts more than calls, so feeling a little paralysed!

Thanks for any help at all!!!

Claire
    03-24-2013 07:23 AM
    Hi there! If anyone can help I'll be suuuuuuper grateful.

Yesterday evening, my phone ran out of battery. When I turned it on again I tried to send a text message but I couldn't open the messaging application. So when I pressed the message icon on the home screen, it went black and then returned to the home screen. When I've tried afterwards, it sometimes gives me a message along the lines of "processcom.messaging.android needs to close" -- i can't remember it exactly but it's something like that - it only flashes up and then goes.

Any ideas what I can do? People have told me they've sent me text messages but I'm not getting any notifications and can't open the messages at all. I use my phone for texts more than calls, so feeling a little paralysed!

Thanks for any help at all!!!

Claire
    Try clearing messenger data
    Settings> applications> all> messenger> clear data

Did you try downloading a third party messaging app from the market like handcent? Let me know if that works.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    03-24-2013 09:14 AM
    Thanks so much for replying! I tried clearing the data but it hasn't helped. I didn't realise you could get third party messaging apps - will they pick up my normal texts? I'll have a go with one =)
    03-24-2013 01:32 PM
    Argh - it doesn't work. It says the same - "The application Handcent SMS (process com.handcent.nextsms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

But when I try again, nothing happens.
    03-24-2013 01:39 PM
    Thanks so much for replying! I tried clearing the data but it hasn't helped. I didn't realise you could get third party messaging apps - will they pick up my normal texts? I'll have a go with one =)
    Yeah go sms, handcent, chomp, they all mirror stock texts...I use handcent
    I don't know if it will work with the stock app not working but let's see what happens.

Attached Thumbnails Tech problem with messaging - please help!-uploadfromtaptalk1364150470892.jpg  
    03-24-2013 01:41 PM
    Nope ... nothing =(
    >>>
    Argh - it doesn't work. It says the same - "The application Handcent SMS (process com.handcent.nextsms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

03-24-2013 02:36 PM
    Nope ... nothing =(
    >>>

Do you have your contacts backed up and your pictures saved to your computer. We may have to do a factory restore

03-24-2013 02:47 PM
    No, how do I back my contacts up? Pictures/music/files etc backed up.
    03-24-2013 02:51 PM
    No, how do I back my contacts up? Pictures/music/files etc backed up.
    Go to settings> accounts> Google> select your google account> then check off all the boxes> hit sync now

Or you can also open conacts app> menu button> >export to sd card. This will create a contacts file on your sdcard which you can later import

03-24-2013 04:44 PM