My new S2 has been randomly shutting down while on standby mode recently. Most of the time, I had to keep the power button pressed for about at least 5 seconds, then hold it again to boot it (as you would usually hold it to power it on). On a few times, I had to remove and reinsert the battery.

I then noticed this happened to my battery:

http://i.imgur.com/jQ4Vx.png

So i calibrated my battery by letting it run out, then turning it on and letting it run out until it could not power on any more (I only had to do this once). I then charged it while it was off, disconnected for a bit when it reached 100%, then reconnected till it reached 100% again (the intervals got smaller and after about the 4th time it hi 100% within about 15 seconds).
    I then tuned it on and cleared the cache, but unfortunately, it is still randomly shutting down while on standby.

Just want to know that whether the official JB update resolves this issue or not.
    04-01-2013 01:04 PM
    Im running ICS and i have the same problem every day sonetimes even twice dude that really sucks i hate it hopefully JB doesnt havr the same issue

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums
    04-01-2013 10:12 PM
    Hey man greetings yes the OFFICIAL JB update DOES fix the problem hope u can update asap

04-03-2013 10:25 PM
    Oh, that's good news. Man I'm dying to update it to JB but Samsung is acting like a *********, it hasn't yet launched the update in India while other countries got the update a month back. My cell phone gets switched off daily sometimes 2-3 times a day. But anyways, you had the same problem right..?
    04-05-2013 12:11 AM
    No problems of shutting down here before or after official JB update...
    04-05-2013 12:56 PM
    Oh, that's good news. Man I'm dying to update it to JB but Samsung is acting like a *********, it hasn't yet launched the update in India while other countries got the update a month back. My cell phone gets switched off daily sometimes 2-3 times a day. But anyways, you had the same problem right..?
    Yeah man I was having the same problem with ICS but then I updated to JB and voil!!! No more unexpected shut downs note: I got the official update OTA so I speak for that one cuz some ppl have a non official or manual update and they have all sorts of problems . Good luck with the update hope u get it soon dont get frustrated I was like that too a few days ago

04-05-2013 02:57 PM