Hello, everyone!

I am facing this situation on my Samsung Galaxy S2, which I haven't been able to deal with after a lot of googling:
    After updating 8 apps on Android 4.04, the Home Button stopped working. It has no functionality at all, either short- or long-pressed. The problem hasn't been solved after the following actions:
    - Updating Andoid to 4.1.2
    - Factory data reset

This meant originally no muti-tasking. I am currently dealing with the issue with apps as alternatives to the hard button functionality, which I am mentioning for people that might face the same problem:
    - RecentApps for a constant notification icon as a shortcut to Application Manager
    - Home Button for a constant notification icon as a shortcut to home screen

My questions:
    1) Any suggestions for retrieving the hard button functionality?
    2) Does this seem like a hardware issue? Although I am not sure if it has any relevance, I will mention that I dropped the device 2 months ago.
    3) Should I send the device to Samsung (it is within warranty, but it has a small mark on the top left corner after the drop)?

Thank you all very much in advance for your help!
    04-06-2013 04:35 PM
    It is a hardware issue. I had a similar problem with my Epic 4g Touch. My menu Burton would get hyper twitchy turning on/off. And sometimes the search button would join the fun but not as bad. Searched and searched for an answer, no luck. Then the menu button just up and quit. I was within the year warranty so I called right away. Note that I am on Virgin Mobile but they didn't even ask what was wrong with it and I had a refurbished one in 5 days...(looked brand new with all the stickers still on it!!) and my phone was rooted if that is an issue. They won't care about a little blemish or a big gouge. I know plenty of people with different providers that have returned beat up phones within warranty. I would return right away! Hope this helped.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Android Central Forums
    04-06-2013 05:58 PM
    You might want to check out "Pie Control"--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ace.piecontrol
    It won't fix the hardware problem but it can give you the functionality a different way by assigning "Home" to a gesture.
    04-06-2013 06:04 PM
    Dear undogooder,

Thank you for your answer. I bought it cash a few months ago and I would be very happy, if I could solve the problem myself, rather than getting into the warranty cycle... In any case, thank you once again, I agree with you that it seems like a hardware issue. Any other comments are most welcome!
    04-06-2013 06:05 PM
    Seems useful, thanks! I wish I could solve the hardware issue, though...
    04-06-2013 06:14 PM
    Unless you have an electronics repair near you that you trust the only solution is to do a diy kit and take the phone apart and hope you don't screw it up or send it off if it's hardware no app will fix it think of it as a smashed screen you gotta open it up to put new glass in same with this

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    04-06-2013 06:14 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Would you suggest cleaning, replacing the key or something else?
    04-06-2013 06:23 PM
    Q tip

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    04-08-2013 03:26 AM