simonjwilliams

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Ok, here is my problem.

I cannot update my SGS2 and I'm stuck in a problem I can't seem to do anything about.

I (foolishly) downloaded a JB ROM and attempted to install it, but it failed. Since then I have been getting the error:

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

These are my details:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 2 - UK on Three Network
PC: Windows 7

This is what I have done.

I have tried to connect my phone to Kies, but it will not connect - no matter how many times I try to re-install the driver.
I have downloaded maybe 6 or 7 ROMS that apparently would work in an attempt to "downgrade" to Ice Cream Sandwich. Everytime I try to install using Odin, I get the "FAIL!" message after "NAND Write Start!!" (using the reset to download ROMS on my phone).

I am lost as to what to do, and Odin will not allow any ROM I try to write.

Can anyone please help me? My Nokia N95 is just not up to the job!

Many thanks in advance,
Simon

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

Ok, here is my problem.

I cannot update my SGS2 and I'm stuck in a problem I can't seem to do anything about.

I (foolishly) downloaded a JB ROM and attempted to install it, but it failed. Since then I have been getting the error:

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

These are my details:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 2 - UK on Three Network
PC: Windows 7

This is what I have done.

I have tried to connect my phone to Kies, but it will not connect - no matter how many times I try to re-install the driver.
I have downloaded maybe 6 or 7 ROMS that apparently would work in an attempt to "downgrade" to Ice Cream Sandwich. Everytime I try to install using Odin, I get the "FAIL!" message after "NAND Write Start!!" (using the reset to download ROMS on my phone).

I am lost as to what to do, and Odin will not allow any ROM I try to write.

Can anyone please help me? My Nokia N95 is just not up to the job!

Many thanks in advance,
Simon

Can you get into your recovery? If you can get into your recovery I would try and that and I would try to do a factory wipe. Once you do that then I would try to flash the stock OS on your device.

simonjwilliams

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Do you mean recovery through Kies? No... My phone will not connect - tried trouble shooting and re-installing drivers over and over again.

I've also tried flashing "stock ROMS" but all fail through Odin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol