03-15-2017 06:21 PM
133 12345 ...
tools
    mate you're a genius thank you very much
    11-21-2013 11:00 AM
    For those of you getting error codes when calling *#9900#:

I had the same problem. But instead of using the dialer I usually do (GO Dialer), I used the standard dialer that came with the phone (in my case the app-name was Phone). And it worked!
    11-25-2013 02:18 PM
    Hi guys, been havingthe same issue as well and found this post joined the forum and thought my internal memory issues were all sorted with the *#9900# clear dumb etc.... but NO my phone still only shows 200mb internal storage and still get low memory message......... can anyone help PLEASE....
    11-27-2013 10:52 AM
    This hack absolutely worked for me thank you for your input.
    It freed about 500 Mb on the phone's memory and from then on wards I have been able to download and update apps. It has also sped up the phone and time reaction to open and close apps. Now I know, that the S2 is LIMITED to up to 2Gb of apps and the SD card with 12Gb that came with the phone is useful only for storage space (music, work files and pictures).

This all happened when the phone automatically loaded Jelly bean 4.1.1 which also freezes the phone from time to time and the welcome screen when you dial the pass code.
    I used the "Phone" app to dial the magic hack.
    11-27-2013 12:37 PM
    thanks alot
    *#9900#
    worked for me. All apps updated now,
    cheers
    12-01-2013 03:02 AM
    Same stupid long lasting issue.The "magic hack" didn't work for me. Help, guys
    12-02-2013 03:50 PM
    Thank you very much for this post. I was running into the same issues described here. I was almost certain I had to root the device to delete these logs but thanks to your post I didn't had to root my phone.
    Lena Kudimova likes this.
    12-03-2013 11:24 PM
    Thanks a lot. For the past couple of months ever since I upgraded to jelly bean, I couldn't update my apps because the phone surprisingly showed 'Insufficient Storage Space'.all the time. I have been trying to look up for all possible ways to free up memory but in vain. Your resolution worked liked a miracle. I could update all my apps now.
    12-15-2013 01:36 AM
    Honestly,
    if I could give a prize for the most useful answer on an IT forum, I would give it to Stu40.
    I have searched for a suitable answer for weeks: the most valuable solution found was a factory reset (others were suggesting a rooting or the reinstall of ICS instead of Jelly Bean).
    No real "painless" solution from anywhere. Stu40 have provided a straightforward solution clearly from an advanced expert position: congratulations!
    Season's Greetings,
    Marco
    12-26-2013 05:02 PM
    _s(vote down)acceptedHere's a very simple solution that works on my*Samsung Galaxy S II*and NOTE 1 ; I have no idea about other models:Open the Phone app and switch to Keypad.Dial**#9900#On the screen that appears, click on the button labelled "Delete dumpstate/logcat".I've restored about one GB of system space this way.
    12-30-2013 03:20 AM
    This is Genius! I had previously uninstalled too many important Apps in the hope of freeing space to no avail! I now have more than a 1 GB of free space after dialing *#9900#! Thank you.
    Kimani
    Nairobi, Kenya!
    12-31-2013 04:24 AM
    Already listed
    01-14-2014 01:50 PM
    Hi, For those having problem accessing *#9900# and it throws up invalid error, you probably run on custom rom.

You will need to look for this directory /data/log and delete all the files. For my case, it freed up 1 gig of memory!

You can do it via terminal in your apps (I'm running on Cyanongen):
    1. su
    2. cd /data/log
    3. rm *.log
    Stef71 likes this.
    01-22-2014 04:27 AM
    Great solution, works like magic. Big thank you !
    01-22-2014 09:14 AM
    To Stu 40.
    Thanks for the knowledge.
    Spent weeks messing around with this.
    As most say moving things around doesn't work for long. Has anyone found what the rest of the settings are for?
    Yes one of the best fixes I have heard in years of working around IT and comms, thanks again Stu a true hero.
    Going to go and take out a 12 month sim only deal on my S2 now.
    01-23-2014 02:58 AM
    Many Thanks WaiHing. I have a custom ROM (CM10) and Stu's solution was not working for me (MMI error) Your work around worked perfectly. Freed up 1 Gig! Cookie for you!
    01-23-2014 09:37 AM
    For people who are getting error messages, make sure you don't forget the asterisk at the beginning! However when I do it, it only frees up about 100mb and it still says I have 1.75gb in use in my system storage. Does anyone know of any other fixes or why mine doesn't free up a load of space like most people's??? I have a galaxy s2 running jelly bean.

I simply do NOT understand why samsung have only allocated 2gb to apps (i.e. system storage) and won't allow the rest of the internal storage (i.e. usb storage) to be used for apps!!???? Especially as it comes stuffed full of rubbish bloatware that I don't want or need (and I don't want to root my phone and invalidate the warranty and support in order to remove the bloatware). I have a 32gb sd card installed as well which is only a third full, but loads of apps won't allow me to move them to the sd card, plus I need enough space to be able to install apps before they can then be moved to the external storage anyway.

I have had nothing but headaches with this phone because of the storage issue, and on top of that it's IMPOSSIBLE to connect to my computer and even after hours and hours and hours of telephone support from samsung, they still couldn't work out how to get my laptop to see my phone, even using their own software, Kies Air. The support staff said they have problems all the time with people unable to connect their phone to their PC/laptop. And to add to all that, I have over 600 internet pages that are saved to read offline, but samsung openly admit they have no way of saving or storing that information if you reset your phone. And because of this storage issue, they said I should save my data and reset my phone. The best suggestion they could come up with was to go to each internet page I've saved and mark it as a bookmark - but with 600+ pages it's something I simply don't have the time (or patience) for! And why should I?? I don't understand why backing up this information isn't possible like with other data on the phone, this is basic stuff!!! Samsung said it isn't technically possible to do that, but I pointed out that apps exist that do exactly that (for example they convert to pdf for offline reading). They said they'd pass the info on to their developers, but that doesn't help me now.

But most of all I'm sick to death of not being able to install anything because of this dumb storage issue. I also have problems saving data because I can't update or install the apps that back stuff up. This whole things is clearly a major design fault as far as I'm concerned and they should be offering a free fix. And without it I'm switching to Nokia as soon as my contract expires!!!

Sorry for the rant, but this all is driving me crazy, I can't even begin to say how many hours, weeks, months (literally!!!!) I have spent researching how to fix all these things - life is too short - v soon goodbye samsung!!!!!!!
    01-23-2014 03:40 PM
    OMG did wonders. I have been stuck for weeks with no updates. Thank you for this
    01-28-2014 07:28 AM
    hello WaiHing,

could you please be more spesific?
    how can i get into this app and delete the logs? i also got an error while diling *#9900#.

thank you
    02-15-2014 09:26 AM
    I have the same problem, but the trik: *#9900# is not working on my phone (galaxy s2). When I dial this I get this message on the scren: Connetction problem or invalid MMI code.

I tried to go to file manager and deletd all files in Log, but it still not working..

Any other solution?

tnx!
    03-06-2014 08:13 AM
    My mate as the same phone as me (s2). We went into the application manager,(select ALL it will show downloaded at top of screen swipe across to get there) select contacts storage.My mate had used around 5mb, he as not updated to jelly bean, mine was showing 1.44g.So what we did is knock the phone off,removed the sim card and sd card and restarted the phone,went back into contacts storage and pressed the clear data.The phone is now running fine.It will remove all your contacts on the phone,just import them back off your sim.It will also remove anything in your favourites list, no big deal for me.
    03-10-2014 08:22 AM
    Finnally a great solution!! All others does not work!!! Thanks! :-)
    Just dial *#9900# + "Delete dumpstate/logcat"
    Lots of free space immediately!
    03-14-2014 02:38 AM
    Kjell i think you will find this solution short term.
    I also did a factory reset,after about 4 months the phone was again showing insufficient storage space.I did as above post 71 about a week ago phone running fine now.
    03-14-2014 09:38 AM
    Stu40. I can't believe it was that simple. You're a genius and I owe you a pint!
    03-27-2014 03:14 PM
    Thanks dude you made my day
    03-31-2014 11:22 PM
133 12345 ...