I was updating my galaxy s2 to jellybean and i just received the phone yesterday and i was using Odin well it seemed as it was going good it failed so i unplugged it now i just get that screen update encountered an issue try kies recovery so i try and nothing i can go into download mode but now Odin won't recognize my phone! I don't know what to do should i take it as a loss or is there any hope? I keep trying and using different USB cables but no luck im on windows 8 btw im on a verge of getting a replacement and never messing with the update again i just hope there's Hope! Plz help!
    06-06-2013 01:01 PM
    I was updating my galaxy s2 to jellybean and i just received the phone yesterday and i was using Odin well it seemed as it was going good it failed so i unplugged it now i just get that screen update encountered an issue try kies recovery so i try and nothing i can go into download mode but now Odin won't recognize my phone! I don't know what to do should i take it as a loss or is there any hope? I keep trying and using different USB cables but no luck im on windows 8 btw im on a verge of getting a replacement and never messing with the update again i just hope there's Hope! Plz help!

Ok...confused. You can get into download mode?
    06-06-2013 01:13 PM
    well using odin indicated you are rooted? kies does not know what to do with that and then odin does not know what to do. i dont think kies has a jelly for virgin s2
    06-06-2013 01:13 PM
    well using odin indicated you are rooted? kies does not know what to do with that and then odin does not know what to do. i dont think kies has a jelly for virgin s2
    The ability to use ODIN does not indicate root access. There is a stock Jelly Bean ROM for Virgin.
    06-06-2013 01:21 PM
    good to know thats what the "?" was all about
    06-06-2013 01:25 PM
    Yes i can get into download mode but my computer won't recognize the phone i tried updating it to jellybean right when i pulled it out the box
    06-06-2013 02:34 PM
    Also i had downloaded a jellybean update zip i extracted it to the desktop then opened Odin v1.85 and it was working as it should so as it was doing it's thing it had said failed at the end so i unplugged it and now all i can do is go into download mode and nothing else and all that shows is that update error message I don't know what else to do
    06-06-2013 02:40 PM
    Also i had downloaded a jellybean update zip i extracted it to the desktop then opened Odin v1.85 and it was working as it should so as it was doing it's thing it had said failed at the end so i unplugged it and now all i can do is go into download mode and nothing else and all that shows is that update error message I don't know what else to do
    Sorry for the delay.
    Here is a link to download a file for ODIN.
    Rwilco12's Android Repository - Downloads

- - - Updated - - -

You may need to download updated SAmsung drivers for your PC
    06-06-2013 03:10 PM
    Okay so do i need both files the tar and exe files or one?
    06-06-2013 07:37 PM
    Okay so do i need both files the tar and exe files or one?
    Go with the .exe. I am pretty sure that comes with ODIN One Click. Makes things a little easier.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3
    06-06-2013 08:37 PM
    Yeah Odin still won't recognize my device i also installed Samsung usb drivers 1.5 the new ones off the Samsung website any suggestions or is the phone a loss?
    06-06-2013 09:42 PM
    Yeah Odin still won't recognize my device i also installed Samsung usb drivers 1.5 the new ones off the Samsung website any suggestions or is the phone a loss?
    Different port, different cable.

06-06-2013 09:45 PM
    Yeah it's still a no go i mean it goes into download mode i don't understand why it won't detect the phone
    06-06-2013 10:12 PM
    Yeah it's still a no go i mean it goes into download mode i don't understand why it won't detect the phone
    I am at a loss. Other than to be the bearer of bad news....

06-06-2013 10:24 PM
    Yeah i already got a replacement on the way i won't be trying to update it to jellybean don't wanna risk messing up the replacement
    06-06-2013 10:26 PM
    Turn off driver signing on the Windows 8 pc than uninstall all drivers and reinstall and you should be fine.or use a different pc.
    07-26-2013 09:45 PM