I have two questions that maybe I can get some help with. One is the battery why does it die so fast. I'm running the Next Launcher with no rooting involved. I started my day at 9am on a full batter and by 2pm as I was getting home it was on 2%. Any tricks or will an extended battery be the only thing to fix this issue. I already have it on the battery on preserving options the phone offers. Finally my wifi just comes on at will. Whenever it wants it seems to pop on how can I fix that glitch from happening as well? I appreciate any advice or help.
    06-14-2013 01:07 PM
    I have two questions that maybe I can get some help with. One is the battery why does it die so fast. I'm running the Next Launcher with no rooting involved. I started my day at 9am on a full batter and by 2pm as I was getting home it was on 2%. Any tricks or will an extended battery be the only thing to fix this issue. I already have it on the battery on preserving options the phone offers. Finally my wifi just comes on at will. Whenever it wants it seems to pop on how can I fix that glitch from happening as well? I appreciate any advice or help.
    The wifi and your battery drain may be connected. If you have any toggles in the pull down menu just make sure the wifi toggle is off. Otherwise you can go into settings and turn off wifi.
    When your wifi is on it is always searching. Until it connects to a strong enough open network it will keep searching, and I think it scan every 5 or 10 seconds. That brief scan is a decent surge from your battery.
    06-15-2013 10:01 AM
    That's the problem though. The WiFi turns on by itself. I don't turn it on at all. Its like a glitch, and I was wondering has anyone else encountered this same issue.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 2 using Tapatalk 2
    06-15-2013 11:26 AM
    I have the same problem. I set wifi to Off because I can't use the wifi of companies in my office building, but on my lunch or whatever I try to use my android and discover it can't access the internet because wif is on! But I turned it off! Sometimes it stays off for hours, and other times it comes on just a few minutes after I turned it off, and I have not found a pattern to know what is causing this. It's driving me crazy!
    phonejunky likes this.
    06-24-2013 06:55 PM
    I have the same problem. I set wifi to Off because I can't use the wifi of companies in my office building, but on my lunch or whatever I try to use my android and discover it can't access the internet because wif is on! But I turned it off! Sometimes it stays off for hours, and other times it comes on just a few minutes after I turned it off, and I have not found a pattern to know what is causing this. It's driving me crazy!
    Exactly!!! There has to be more people this is effecting. I wish someone had a solution I've Googled this issue tons of times to no avail.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 2 using Tapatalk 2
    06-24-2013 08:17 PM
    The AT&T Smart Wi-Fi ap used to wipe out my battery by coming on all the time. Try turning that off and see if it helps.
    07-01-2013 08:05 PM
    My wifi comes on randomly after i turn it off too. I have found no pattern or reason for this to happen. My battery has been fine but I went with a 6500 mAh since I am a heavy user. I hope someone finds a reason/solution, if for no other reason than it is annoying.

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.
    via Note II
    07-02-2013 08:10 AM