Ok, lets go back to 1st grade. Ive read some threads and some answers are not relevant to a "flipped" image. Flipped is different than a rotated image. Here's my problem...when I look in the mirror, my bangs are on the left side..when im sitting down, standing up, or whatever im doing, my bangs are pointed down to my left side. When I take a picture with my Samsung Galaxy S2; Service provider - Alltel, it FLIPS my pictures after the image is captured. It does this with camera, and instagram. On snapchat, it takes the image AS IS..just how the camera is looking at me..it does not flip my self portrait. How can I STOP this from happening. I had a Razr Maxx, and it did not do this. When I take a picture of my self I want the finished image to look just as it did when I was focusing for the shot!?! What can I do to stop this? Thanks!!
    07-23-2013 08:21 AM
    Ok, lets go back to 1st grade. Ive read some threads and some answers are not relevant to a "flipped" image. Flipped is different than a rotated image. Here's my problem...when I look in the mirror, my bangs are on the left side..when im sitting down, standing up, or whatever im doing, my bangs are pointed down to my left side. When I take a picture with my Samsung Galaxy S2; Service provider - Alltel, it FLIPS my pictures after the image is captured. It does this with camera, and instagram. On snapchat, it takes the image AS IS..just how the camera is looking at me..it does not flip my self portrait. How can I STOP this from happening. I had a Razr Maxx, and it did not do this. When I take a picture of my self I want the finished image to look just as it did when I was focusing for the shot!?! What can I do to stop this? Thanks!!

Welcome to the forums!
    I can't remember, but aren't there editing image settings in the gallery? Have you tried that?
    07-23-2013 09:24 AM
    Thanks! First time foruming! :P You can edit images in the settings but there is not a flip option..only rotate.
    DS1331 likes this.
    07-23-2013 09:45 AM
    Does anyone have a galaxy s 2 that this does not happen on? Then at least I will know there is hope! Lol!
    07-23-2013 10:36 AM
    Thanks! First time foruming! :P You can edit images in the settings but there is not a flip option..only rotate.
    Have you looked at a photo editor in Play?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    07-23-2013 11:39 AM
    Nah, Im going too, was just hoping I wouldnt have to go through all of that just to upload a pic to instagram or a quick pic with just the cam. =/
    07-23-2013 12:26 PM
    Nah, Im going too, was just hoping I wouldnt have to go through all of that just to upload a pic to instagram or a quick pic with just the cam. =/
    And I hardly use the camera on any of my phones.. Lol

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    Daisy Tapley likes this.
    07-23-2013 12:37 PM
    Ok, I did find in the edit photo option that the rotate icon also entails a flip option!!! Yay!!! Still aggravating to do all that, but yay! I thought the rotate icon was only for rotate, but if you click it, it does indeed include a flip! As for instagram, there is an option in the settings that you can "use advanced instagram camera", if you click that, the camera will not flip your photos.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-24-2013 07:42 AM
    Ok, I did find in the edit photo option that the rotate icon also entails a flip option!!! Yay!!! Still aggravating to do all that, but yay! I thought the rotate icon was only for rotate, but if you click it, it does indeed include a flip! As for instagram, there is an option in the settings that you can "use advanced instagram camera", if you click that, the camera will not flip your photos.
    Cool. Glad you got an answer and posted the solution.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    Daisy Tapley likes this.
    07-24-2013 08:30 AM
    I have one question for you. If you take a picture with writing somewhere in it, is the writing flipped, too? That is the true test to see if the image is flipped or not. I found an app at the Google Play Store called Image Flip that was able to turn a mirrored image of myself in front of a replica of the TARDIS from Doctor Who, and now the words aren't backwards any more.
    05-03-2016 08:55 AM