I need help, all my friends have Jelly Bean 4.1.2 in their S2, and they have their phone for a while now, mind is hardly a month old. They haven't rooted, I asked them, why haven't I received the update for 4.1.2 Jelly Bean? I'm running on ICS 4.0.3
    08-05-2013 04:40 PM
    Are you on the same carrier as they are? If not, that may be the issue. If OTA update is not working, try connecting your phone to your computer via Kies and see if that detects any updates for your phone.
    08-05-2013 04:44 PM
    Are you on the same carrier as they are? If not, that may be the issue. If OTA update is not working, try connecting your phone to your computer via Kies and see if that detects any updates for your phone.
    I'm sorry but how do you do it? (I googled it) I'm sorry I am new to Android, I am a Symbian user and I loved symbian since forever, and I still do. XD.
    08-05-2013 04:49 PM
    OK, first make sure your phone has at least 50 percent of battery left (plugged in would be even better). Then go to Settings, scroll down to "About Device", select Software Update, and then Check for Updates. If the OTA update is available for your phone, it should pop up there. Just remember, these updates are usually heavy files, so you're better off doing this while on WiFi.

If it won't let you update, then you could try downloading Samsung's Kies (their version of iTunes). After installation, plug your phone to your computer and the software should recognize it. Then, if the update is available, it'll tell you about it and let you download and install it.

If your carrier has not upgraded to Jelly Bean yet, then the update will not be available either way.
    08-05-2013 10:13 PM