Email notifications not showing for received mail on UK O2 4.1.2

novahob

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I've search the web, on here and posted on the O2 forums but no luck.

I've just updated to the O2 Jelly Bean ROM via odin and then i installed the OTA update, which installed ok. I then did a factory reset and then updated my email settings via kies which were from when my device ran 2.3.5. All is working ok, except for received email notifications in the notification bar at the top of the phone. So just to clarify when you recieve an email you get a notification in the top bar which you can then swipe down, then click and go into the samsung email app v4. I have checked the following:
1 - Notifications are checked for app in app manager, in fact its greyed out so you can't change it.
2 - Notifications are checked in the actual email app settings.
3 - I've forced stopped and then cleared the app and cache data on the app but still no joy.
4 - I've tried manually and scheduled updates but get the same results, no notification
5 - Booted into recovery and cleared the cache

Note 1: When sending email i know it's working as i get a notification in the top of the phone for sent mail only
Note 2: Email widget/shortcut on the phone shows that i have new email.

Model: GT-I9100
Version: 4.1.2
Version: I9100XXMS2
Build: JZ054K.I1900XWLSW

So is anyone else having this issue or know I how i can fix it without a factory reset? While i don't schedule my email, i would like to get this working to how it was in GB

SOLVED

Deleting all my email accounts, clearing the app data and then rebooting the phone worked. After scheduling an email account to sync automatically i then got a pop-up in the notification draw :)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad