I Have a Galaxy S2 4g from Boost Mobile. I bought a second one for my wife & hers came with Jelly Bean installed, so I downloaded "easy update" from android & loaded Jelly bean 4.1.2 on mine. Now I get the error "unfortunately settings has stopped" as soon soon as the phone boots. I found a workaround, which is to shut bluetooth down & then settings will open. If anyone has another permanent fix, please let me know & anyone else having the same issue, you now have a simple fix. Feel free to comment, I'm curious to see how manyphones with this problem exists.
    08-25-2013 07:26 AM
    I Have a Galaxy S2 4g from Boost Mobile. I bought a second one for my wife & hers came with Jelly Bean installed, so I downloaded "easy update" from android & loaded Jelly bean 4.1.2 on mine. Now I get the error "unfortunately settings has stopped" as soon soon as the phone boots. I found a workaround, which is to shut bluetooth down & then settings will open. If anyone has another permanent fix, please let me know & anyone else having the same issue, you now have a simple fix. Feel free to comment, I'm curious to see how manyphones with this problem exists.
    Welcome to the forums!
    Have you tried to reboot into recovery and clear cache?
    08-26-2013 11:59 PM
    Thanks For The Welcome.
    I've tried that with the same results, & I've tried reinstalling JB twice. Same thing. My last resort is to do a factory wipe & start over, but I don't have the time right now to start from scratch. If anyone else has a possible fix, I'd love to hear it.
    Thanks.
    08-27-2013 12:51 PM