[Help] [i9100g] Sleep of death in All official ICS and Jelly Bean Firmware

alipk52

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, this is really my last hope while asking you this, i have been using ics custom rom which is based on official firmware, with custom kernel, every now and than i get sleep of death now Samsung released jb update, and this bug is still present, i want to ask if Samsung has really fixed jb sod issue yet? or i have to follow some steps for a work around? sod happens when device is charging and goes into deep sleep, but i got a workaround for it by installing app called "safe charge" which keeps device active during charge, but it also happens when i wake up in morning and find out my device is having sod, and i have to force restart it, i noticed when we playing audio, and during that if device screen turns off, at this point audio stops and sod comes, i can't listen to music, if i do, i have to keep device Active...i will really appreciate if someone give idea for some kind of work around, i don't want to use cm roms, which is the one doesn't have any kind of sod issue, i want to use samsung official firmware, i know the fix will be same for i9100 and i9100g, coz bug is very similar in both devices, thanks in advance

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, this is really my last hope while asking you this, i have been using ics custom rom which is based on official firmware, with custom kernel, every now and than i get sleep of death now Samsung released jb update, and this bug is still present, i want to ask if Samsung has really fixed jb sod issue yet? or i have to follow some steps for a work around? sod happens when device is charging and goes into deep sleep, but i got a workaround for it by installing app called "safe charge" which keeps device active during charge, but it also happens when i wake up in morning and find out my device is having sod, and i have to force restart it, i noticed when we playing audio, and during that if device screen turns off, at this point audio stops and sod comes, i can't listen to music, if i do, i have to keep device Active...i will really appreciate if someone give idea for some kind of work around, i don't want to use cm roms, which is the one doesn't have any kind of sod issue, i want to use samsung official firmware, i know the fix will be same for i9100 and i9100g, coz bug is very similar in both devices, thanks in advance

I have yet to encounter that on my Epic Touch 4G. Not running an AOSP ROM.

alipk52

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to encounter that on my Epic Touch 4G. Not running an AOSP ROM.

well as i said on basis of my findings on various portals that this bug is present in international devices like i9100 and i9100g, btw what is wake lock? do you think it can help on fixing sleep of death nicely? remember i don't care if i can get a workaround for sod in expense of battery life, coz this sod is really giving severe damage to my s2 experience, i heared that wake lock prevents device to go into deep sleep, is this correct?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
well as i said on basis of my findings on various portals that this bug is present in international devices like i9100 and i9100g, btw what is wake lock? do you think it can help on fixing sleep of death nicely? remember i don't care if i can get a workaround for sod in expense of battery life, coz this sod is really giving severe damage to my s2 experience, i heared that wake lock prevents device to go into deep sleep, is this correct?

Wakelock is an app that monitors what wakes your device. Its on Play.
No it doesn't prevent deep sleep.
Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

alipk52

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Wakelock is an app that monitors what wakes your device. Its on Play.
No it doesn't prevent deep sleep.
Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

ok, so please do me a favour, if you can, please tell me a way to stop my device going into deep sleep, it just sleep, but don't enter into deep sleep state, I thought wake lock app do this, but your reply is making me worried as what to do now, only way to cure sleep of death is by preventing it to go in a deep sleep, is there any app which do this?

P.S I appreciate the way you came up to share your words on that, I know there are many affected users who may have find a way to cure this device's disease, if some more users step up, many will get the solution, many will benefit from that, Its Seems Samsung has forgotten to fix this issue for i9100 and i9100g while eyeing for newer device sales!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ok, so please do me a favour, if you can, please tell me a way to stop my device going into deep sleep, it just sleep, but don't enter into deep sleep state, I thought wake lock app do this, but your reply is making me worried as what to do now, only way to cure sleep of death is by preventing it to go in a deep sleep, is there any app which do this?
Maybe a night alarm clock, or something like that. You know, one that will show the time and shift it around. Either that or play music.

alipk52

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe a night alarm clock, or something like that. You know, one that will show the time and shift it around. Either that or play music.

I have set 5 Alarms, but sadly the device only wakes up on Alarm time, but sod happens at anytime and manytime in a day, device needs to be active all the time in order to prevent sod

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have set 5 Alarms, but sadly the device only wakes up on Alarm time, but sod happens at anytime and manytime in a day, device needs to be active all the time in order to prevent sod

I meant an app that will post the time and shift it around your screen. Like a screensaver on a PC.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781