Hey all

I have a Galaxy S II X that just went black a few days ago and when I turned it back on, the touchscreen was no longer responsive. The bottom buttons (the home, back, search, etc) buttons seem to work and be responsive but nothing else. I pulled the battery many times. I flashed the memory and restored the factory defaults but now I'm stuck because I can't go any further with the setup (due to no touchscreen). It does connect to the computer so I was able to back everything up (yay!) but I would like to get this working again.

I didn't drop it but it's about 2 years old and has had issues recently. It's out of warrant so if anyone has any advice or has had this problem and it was specific issue, I'd love to know because I'm willing to make this my little fix-it project (I have a bit of experience fixing small electronics). Is it possible a screen or digitizer issue?

10-21-2013 07:34 PM
    I would say it's a digitiser. I don't have the s2 but my old phone did these heaps, due to the age they were only $13 for the part, eventually I got sick of breakages and got a new phone.

Replace it if you can yourself, saves you a bit of money

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    10-22-2013 07:36 AM
    It's what I'm leaning towards. Any tips on the best place to get new parts for the phone?
    10-22-2013 06:23 PM