Phone stuck on loading screen after font change

Carina Quinn

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
A few hours ago I tried to change the font on my Galaxy S2 with Root Font (or something along those lines) app, and was told I needed to restart my phone to have my new font. I did, and my phone got stuck on the boot screen.
My phone is rooted but I had no installed a custom ROM, which is why I didn't have a backup. I know I should have, but I didn't see the point in making one when I only had the stock ROM on.
This is my first Samsung phone, I'm used to using HTC and I'm pretty lost.
Someone directed me to a ROM that is built for my phone and suggested I wipe and flash that, but it didn't work, my phone just rebooted and stuck on the same screen.
I'm not really sure what else to do, I'm honestly pretty inexperienced and I need my phone as soon as possible because I'm currently unemployed and this is the only way I have for jobs to contact me.

Any help is appreciated. Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or anything. @____@

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Just to cover all bases, did you do a full wipe? Factory reset, wipe data, dalvik, system, data?

Sent from my Infamous Note 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your issue, hopefully the suggestions provided above will work.

What model S2 do you have? Carrier?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
A few hours ago I tried to change the font on my Galaxy S2 with Root Font (or something along those lines) app, and was told I needed to restart my phone to have my new font. I did, and my phone got stuck on the boot screen.
My phone is rooted but I had no installed a custom ROM, which is why I didn't have a backup. I know I should have, but I didn't see the point in making one when I only had the stock ROM on.
This is my first Samsung phone, I'm used to using HTC and I'm pretty lost.
Someone directed me to a ROM that is built for my phone and suggested I wipe and flash that, but it didn't work, my phone just rebooted and stuck on the same screen.
I'm not really sure what else to do, I'm honestly pretty inexperienced and I need my phone as soon as possible because I'm currently unemployed and this is the only way I have for jobs to contact me.

Any help is appreciated. Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or anything. @____@

Welcome to the forums. Are you still having problems?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Yohann Bandoo

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I am having a similar problem, my phone is rooted n i have changed my font a few times before but after changing it, it asked to reboot my phone and i did but now it is stuck on the boot logo, i have tried factory reset, taking out the battery, wipe cache partition but nothing works. Are there any suggestions?