I just bought a used galaxy s2 (international version), off eBay along with a new 'genuine' Samsung battery, to replace my trustworthy 3 years old HTC sensation, I lost. I upgraded the phone to 4.1 and performed a factory reset, as recommended by many users of this forum. I then calibrated the battery, by taking it out of the device after charging, with the device off. I am still only getting 6 hours of 'weekend' usage and approx. 11 hours of light 'weekday' usage. Any recommendations? This is a great phone, even though it is 2 years old, apart from this issue.
    11-24-2013 03:07 AM
    I just bought a used galaxy s2 (international version), off eBay along with a new 'genuine' Samsung battery, to replace my trustworthy 3 years old HTC sensation, I lost. I upgraded the phone to 4.1 and performed a factory reset, as recommended by many users of this forum. I then calibrated the battery, by taking it out of the device after charging, with the device off. I am still only getting 6 hours of 'weekend' usage and approx. 11 hours of light 'weekday' usage. Any recommendations? This is a great phone, even though it is 2 years old, apart from this issue.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Since batteries are pretty cheap, I would try another one.
    Although calibrating the battery isn't needed.
    11-24-2013 09:19 AM
    I get the same battery life on both batteries, so trying another one is pretty much out of the question... What about system tweaks? Would rooting help? Is there a touchwiz custom ROM that has better battery life? I have disabled a few Samsung apps, which seems to have helped, although I still have trouble making it through the day without topping it up, which is quite unpractical!
    11-24-2013 10:37 AM
    I get the same battery life on both batteries, so trying another one is pretty much out of the question... What about system tweaks? Would rooting help? Is there a touchwiz custom ROM that has better battery life? I have disabled a few Samsung apps, which seems to have helped, although I still have trouble making it through the day without topping it up, which is quite unpractical!
    Clearing cache in recovery may help.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-24-2013 10:46 AM
    No noticeable improvement after the cache clear... Any other suggestions?
    11-25-2013 09:18 AM
    No noticeable improvement after the cache clear... Any other suggestions?
    Do you leave Bluetooth and WiFi on all the time? Brightness level?

11-25-2013 10:26 AM
    Bluetooth and WiFi are off ( on 3g most of the day. Brightness is down to the minimum setting. I guess I'll have to live with recharging my battery twice a day... Thanks for the advice anyways
    11-26-2013 09:26 AM
    Bluetooth and WiFi are off ( on 3g most of the day. Brightness is down to the minimum setting. I guess I'll have to live with recharging my battery twice a day... Thanks for the advice anyways
    It may be you have a weak cell signal too.

11-26-2013 09:52 AM
    So I've found that the battery drain stops when Mobile Internet & Wi-Fi are off (I managed to get 10 hours with 25% drain, turning on 3g a few times to check Messenger)! Is there any way I could reduce the drain the 3G has on the battery? My network signal is not bad (I live in the tcity centre)!
    Thanks for the advice!
    11-29-2013 11:40 AM