Help Identifying SII Model

gordonfink

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have two gt-i9100's. The stickers in the battery bay both match the IMEI on the phone.

Phone A is having issues connecting to data and phone networks, so I checked the ROM on Phone B (which works great), downloaded it, and flashed Phone A to that ROM. It still doesn't work.

I was going to swap the motherboards (Phone A body is mint, Phone B has a few nicks), so I could sell the mint one fully working, and the nicked one as not working with software issues.

When I opened them up, I found that Phone A has a stacked sim/sd card reader, while phone B has two separate reader slots. Of course, the motherboards couldn't be swapped because of that.

Both stickers say i9100GSMH, and the IMEI's match the stickers.

So, are these different versions of the same phone? Is phone A (with stacked card reader/sim slot) some other variant, that requires a different ROM?

Also, in looking at Phone B's motherboard, I-9100 is clearly stamped on one of the heat shields in the working phone. The non-working Phone A doesn't even have the same heat shields on the motherboard.

So, what is Phone A (double stacked sim/sd, no stamps, won't connect to networks).

The ROM for both is stock XWLSW, with XXMS2 baseband.

In the pics below, Phone A (suspect) is on the left, and B is on the right. The close up is of Phone A.

Thanks much.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 8

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is were they physically made at different times? Say one six months later? You are probably right that the different hardware is dictating the ROM/software.

gordonfink

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks - every photo that I can find of motherboard for an SII looks like the one that works. I haven't seen any that look like the one that doesn't.

The non-working phone reads the sim, and reports the network. It seems to have bars, it just won't connect. The IMEI doesn't appear blacklisted, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thanks

gordonfink

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, the stock ROM did not work with AT&T (which I have), and I could not figure it out, so I sold it for parts. The buyer informed me that it worked perfectly with TMobile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie