GTI9100 Freezes with Logo on Start Up Firmware Initiation via Kies no good

MalkyC

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
Thanks for any help in advance.

My S2 has been dying on me of late, battery not lasting long after charging and I had ordered a new battery when my phone completely died. As a result I did a system restore and although initially annoying, I had most stuff saved. My phone was back to basics.

However, yesterday it started getting updates after updates which basically took a whole day. My phone looked quite new and up to date until it died and needed charging. After charging I tried turning it on and it froze with the Samsung logo on Starting Up. I've tried everything with no joy and I'm at the end of my tether.

If I try hold down the start, volume up and home key I am not able to perform any of the actions, restore or reboot when I hit the home key. In fact when I do this I get a E:Error in data/logrecovery_kernel_log.txt (Read only file system).

If I hold down the start, volume down and home key, I do get to Odin Mode and the green andriod guy to start an Initiate Firmware process from Kies (as described in another thread). However my phone/device wont bleeding connect to Kies and I am stuck. I've been trying to connect for the last 2 or 3 hours or so.

If anyone can help I would really, really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance.

M

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781