03-02-2011 12:38 AM
56 123
tools
    I don't assume that everybody has root. I'm just assuming that the people who want updates badly enough will root. So don't put words in my mouth when what I said can be interpreted in many ways.
    Still though, you pay good money to these companies to buy their product, they should support it, and users that want updates badly enough shouldn't have to rely on the hacking community to give them to them. I really can't believe that Galaxy S phones are still flopping around on 2.1! Just look how fast the Evo got 2.2, it was a matter of weeks!
    02-02-2011 11:29 PM
    I dont know why people automatically assume everyone who owns an android device has it rooted and has ultimate control.

Some people dont root their handsets and rely on the manufacturer for the updates that they, themselves said that they would provide to us.
    Why would they want to do something like that?
    02-03-2011 10:15 AM
    For the same reason I have not rooted my EVO yet...possibility of screwing up my RSA keys and no more 4g...
    02-03-2011 10:35 AM
    lol

For the same reason I have not rooted my EVO yet...possibility of screwing up my RSA keys and no more 4g...
    and yes most people dont do it for that same reason. Although theyre are shops who will root it for you for a fee.
    02-03-2011 11:10 AM
    lol

and yes most people dont do it for that same reason. Although theyre are shops who will root it for you for a fee.
    True but then the shop might brick my 4g instead of me..lol. I am tech savy enough to look at the various options and follow the guides, so the actual rooting itself isn't making me hesitate.
    02-03-2011 11:34 AM
    Anyone have any idea of when it will be released after they announce it on the 14th? & which carrier will most likely pick it up first?
    02-03-2011 12:14 PM
    dunno where the first one will land. you think they're gonna make four similar sets again, one for each carrier?
    02-03-2011 06:48 PM
    dunno where the first one will land. you think they're gonna make four similar sets again, one for each carrier?
    My guess is yes. Each carrier is going to want their Galaxy S to have something to differentiate itself from the others, and no doubt Samsung is going to want this on every U.S. carrier possible.
    02-03-2011 08:00 PM
    Here is the Specs that SamFirmware has tweeted (they are generally spot on with their Samsung Information too):

4.5'' Screen (Super Amoled Plus)
    8 Megapixel Camera, Dual LED flash
    Android 2.3 & NFC

And ....

Orion Processor!

Twitter

Good Stuff!!
    02-04-2011 09:21 AM
    My guess is yes. Each carrier is going to want their Galaxy S to have something to differentiate itself from the others, and no doubt Samsung is going to want this on every U.S. carrier possible.
    no doubt. hope they learned something from these upgrade debacles. also hope they look nothing like the samsung 4g lte device with that chin.

@andrew - 4.5 screen is insane! no thanks i wear normal (not baggy not skin tight) jeans but i dont want to look like i have a box of pop tarts in my pocket.
    02-04-2011 02:13 PM
    when will this be released
    02-04-2011 08:37 PM
    the galaxy s2 line up should be unveiled at mobile world congress mid-month. dunno when they'll be available tho.
    02-07-2011 02:58 PM
    no doubt. hope they learned something from these upgrade debacles. also hope they look nothing like the samsung 4g lte device with that chin.

@andrew - 4.5 screen is insane! no thanks i wear normal (not baggy not skin tight) jeans but i dont want to look like i have a box of pop tarts in my pocket.
    Yeah poptarts suck lol. I wouldn't mind a 4.5" screen. I was going to buy the Dell streak but halted that when the atrix was announced.
    02-07-2011 03:01 PM
    the Atrix looks like a beast with all that ram. i dont work in an office so i wouldnt be interested in the laptop dock setup but i bet games will be crazy on the handset with what its got under the hood.
    02-07-2011 08:27 PM
    After seeing the Echo, and crying for an hour why Sprint went with that weird thing, I am just hoping hoping hoping that Sprint will get a Galaxy S2 device by June, hell if it has to be an "Epic 2" I will even deal with the Keyboard, although I hope that there won't be one. If they really go with a 4.5" screen, I am going to have to say putting a hardware keyboard on that phone would make it too thick, then again since the non keyboard version is so thin, I guess a keyboard would be bearable on it, but I really prefer one without keyboard. They said the Echo will come out in Spring, good, because we need something better than that for the summer.

Don't screw this up Sprint, the Echo can NOT be your summer flagship phone, we need dual core, be it from Samsung (Orion!), HTC, or LG.
    02-07-2011 08:40 PM
    Can't wait for it to arrive. I don't care how fast it is, how many ram it has, what version of android it has. I just want Samsung to keep the usb port sliding cover. lol
    02-07-2011 08:52 PM
    Ha! One of my favorite things about the Galaxy S, actually.
    02-07-2011 09:22 PM
    Well I just found out i have to wait until may or later for a new phone (joys of being married with a wife that handles the moneys) guess I'll wait to see something about this especially if it has an orion processor and samlod+
    02-08-2011 01:50 PM
    After seeing the Echo, and crying for an hour why Sprint went with that weird thing, I am just hoping hoping hoping that Sprint will get a Galaxy S2 device by June, hell if it has to be an "Epic 2" I will even deal with the Keyboard, although I hope that there won't be one. If they really go with a 4.5" screen, I am going to have to say putting a hardware keyboard on that phone would make it too thick, then again since the non keyboard version is so thin, I guess a keyboard would be bearable on it, but I really prefer one without keyboard. They said the Echo will come out in Spring, good, because we need something better than that for the summer.

Don't screw this up Sprint, the Echo can NOT be your summer flagship phone, we need dual core, be it from Samsung (Orion!), HTC, or LG.
    haha, imagine the echo is a flagship device on sprint. yeah right
    i think you gotta expect evo 2 by the end of summer or beginning of fall, and mwc is rite around the corner so we'll see what samsung has up its sleeve
    02-08-2011 02:15 PM
    Sprint invested a lot of time and money in pushing the Evo, much more so than the Epic. If there is one phone that should be getting a "sequel" on Sprint, it will be the EVO.
    02-08-2011 04:48 PM
    Just saw the front page pic of the Galaxy S2, Specs look impressive to say the least, I'm just wondering how the buttons work? There's a menu and a back button but no search or home......unless the middle thing is thehome button, but that looks like a track pad to me.
    02-12-2011 03:15 PM
    Hope we get the correct 4 button pattern not a stupid 3 button with two cap buttons and one phys
    02-12-2011 05:51 PM
    Oh yeah baby here I come, $500 in saving waiting for this moment and I can get the remaining $200 on my following two paychecks, provided that the "factory unlocked" price would fly around $700 for a perhaps 16GB model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-12-2011 08:36 PM
    This phone is sounding nice bet it will get screwed up on the way over here. Especially on VZW
    02-13-2011 12:44 AM
    This phone is sounding nice bet it will get screwed up on the way over here. Especially on VZW
    I sincerely hope all of the U.S. carriers have learned a lesson with the current Galaxy S phones. But then again, that's wishful thinking...
    02-13-2011 12:51 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD